Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:13:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: application crashes when entering "hobbies" section in buy mode  (Read 1499 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trash_

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2007, 04:25:27 pm »

Hello, i have university and open for bussines expansions, i can run the game and play but if i try to go to the hobbies section under buy mode the application crashes, any idea why is this happening?

also i cant "unbuild" in build mode, the tool that looks like a mace to destroy walls is no longer there (when i had pets expansion installed i was able to destroy walls with this mace tool) is it supposed to be like this in OFB?

also some previews of clothes and hairs are wrong, it appear in the preview a naked body instead of hair or clothes.

i tried to install some patch for OFB that is abailable in the maxis webpage but in the middle of the installation of the patch it says that there was a problem and that i should reinstall OFB again.

i would like to find a solution without having to reinstall everything again cause its a big pain in the ass.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 04:52:16 pm »

The "mace" (sledgehammer) tool is only available from Pets and up.  You'll have to tear down walls the old fashioned way by pressing Ctrl while holding down the left mouse button and dragging it over the area of the wall you don't want anymore.  Wink

As for the "naked torso" bug... read this thread.  You'll find out a lot about this catastrophe.  :lol:

There's also the possibility that you have a corrupt/incompatible object in that section.  Or, the "Objects" package for the game itself is corrupt.  Not too sure, but if it's not a custom object causing the problem, then that might be the case... :scratch:  Try moving out your Downloads folder and running the game to see if it still crashes at that section.  Wink

trash_

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:41:03 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1041790
The "mace" (sledgehammer) tool is only available from Pets and up.  You'll have to tear down walls the old fashioned way by pressing Ctrl while holding down the left mouse button and dragging it over the area of the wall you don't want anymore.  Wink

As for the "naked torso" bug... read this thread.  You'll find out a lot about this catastrophe.  :lol:

There's also the possibility that you have a corrupt/incompatible object in that section.  Or, the "Objects" package for the game itself is corrupt.  Not too sure, but if it's not a custom object causing the problem, then that might be the case... :scratch:  Try moving out your Downloads folder and running the game to see if it still crashes at that section.  Wink

ahh thank you, its a very good idea, i removed the downloads folder and now it works, fortunatelly i have my downloads folder divided in subfolders sorted by categories so it shouldnt be so difficult to find the problem, and also i didnt know about the cntrol and mouse system to delete walls, so very thankful to you! :razz:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:18:20 am »

No problem.  Glad to help.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: