Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:45:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain Memories-Legacy of Love  (Read 9526 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:12:26 pm »

This is my very first try at doing a sims story so Lol I hope you like it and I hope to add to it as my family develops.....

This is the story of John and Saralynn Haggerty who live in a small mountain cabin on the outskirts of Sycamore Valley.  Ever since John first laid eyes on Saralynn, he knew he would one day marry her and make her his wife. He thought she was as pretty as a wildflower in a mountain meadow. He knew he wanted to share his life with her. John had very clear views on the things he found important in life which were family, hardwork and living an honest clean life. John is a real mountain man in every sense of the word. He loves the outdoors, fishing, and he is very good with his hands. He built the small cabin that eventually would become his family home with Saralynn. He made his trade by doing carpentry, harvesting crops and farm work.

Saralynn also knew ever since she met John that he was the man for her. They met when they were teenagers.  He worked for his father's lumberjack company and she worked in the company's kitchen to make extra money for her family during the winter months.  She often stayed longer than she had too and even tried to be the one to take the lunch out to the hungry camp just to be near him. She felt they were destined to be together. Saralynn was shy as a teenager but her beauty always shown through whatever she did and the amount of care she put into things. As John got to know her, he realized just how beautiful a person she really was both on the inside and the outside.  Their love grew quietly but passionately.

For the people around them, their family and friends, it was clear they were meant to be together. When Saralynn turned 18, John asked her to marry him and she of course said yes without hesitation. Thus begins their life and legacy of love........  

Chapter 1....Baby Becca
    John and Saralynn had only been married a few months when they were blessed with finding out they were going to have a baby. John worked all summer making new furniture and hand made toys for their upcoming bundle of joy.  Saralynn knitted baby clothes, made quilts and did all she could do to make their little cabin a warm and happy place to raise their upcoming child and hopefully even more additions to their little family in the future.  Saralynn loved her life but she often wondered what the future would be and if their child would be as happy living the lifestyle they had chosen. Life on the mountain was never easy and the city was just over the ridge. As much as she loved John, he was so against city folk and city ways that she didn't want their children to not have choices. She believed that everyone had a destiny and had to find their own path.
   Finally on a colorful autumn afternoon baby Rebecca was born

Rebecca, or becca as her daddy called her, was a very happy baby. She was the joy and heart of her parents, John and Saralynn. It seemed she was never in her cradle for very long as she was always in one of her parents arms.

Time passed quick for the happy family and it wasn't long til it was time for baby becca's first birthday!

lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »

Chapter 2-The Growing Up Years
Becca had been a happy baby and as a child she was happy and even a bit of a dreamer. Saralynn was an artist at heart and it showed in her work with quilting, baking and most definitely with her artwork. She often sold her paintings of the beauty of the mountain at a local market. People said she had a real touch with showing the mountain as it was meant to be seen. She thought she saw some of herself in little Becca. She often caught her staring off in space and when asked what she was doing Becca would say she was just seeing the world....

While it just seemed that Becca was barely out of diapers and following her parents around their every step, Saralynn discovered she was expecting again. Although John was hoping for a boy, he knew he would love this 2nd baby whether it was a boy or girl.  And he was right.....Emmaline was born later that spring...
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »

excellent start love the outfits and the setting.good pics.and becca has to be the cutest thing,she is gonna be very pretty when she grows up only suggestion i can offer is maybe a few more pics otherwise you have it down already:)good job

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 06:25:26 pm »

aww I love this I hope to read some more!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:30 pm »

its very beautiful and the characters are cute

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 04:44:54 pm »

Excellent choice of setting.
I was waiting for a good story to take place in the backwoods area.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 12:02:45 pm »

Lovely CC.  I love the setting, also.  I love the names Saralynn and Emmaline.  I look forward to reading more.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 10:44:10 pm »

Thank you so much everyone! I am so glad you like it so far and really appreciate all the comments!
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 10:54:41 pm »

Chapter 2-the Growing years continued...
  The next couple of years passed quickly as the Haggerty family continued to grow.  John and Saralynn had been blessed with their little Becca, followed by Emmaline.

Emmaline was still in diapers when Saralynn was expecting yet again.  At the rate their family was growing, John knew that he would have to expand their little cabin and he began making plans of all that he would do. All through the summer it was a wonder of who was growing up faster the girls or the 2nd story to the little cabin.  John was trying to get it all done before the winter set in and the new baby came.  He wondered what the new baby would be like. He adored his girls. Becca was such a dreamer and little Emmaline was following in her mother's footsteps.  She followed her mother everywhere and wanted to be just like her. John couldn't have been prouder of them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:43:42 pm by lil_yellow_rose » Logged
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 11:16:44 pm »

John had just gotten the 2nd floor completed when the new baby came.....and it was just in time cause Saralynn had twins, a boy and a girl!  The new babies, Isaiah and Patience arrived with much fanfare and joy.
Becca had just learned to walk when Emmaline was born and now that she was getting older she could understand about getting a new sister and brother.

As the days passed quickly, the children grew and the family was happy. It was a good life but still a hard one. John and Saralynn made most of their money through their skills and talents but the winter months were always hard. Sometimes the snows made it difficult for them to get their goods into town and some winters were leaner than others.  But always there was love and laughter.  Becca was growing up fast and was now a young girl. She loved her little brother and sisters and was child always smiling and laughing.

Finally the year came where Becca was old enough to start school. John and Saralynn rarely argued but this was something Saralynn was adamant on was Becca and the other children going to a city school instead of being homeschooled.  While John had always lived life on the mountain, Saralynn had been in both worlds. Her mother was a schoolteacher before she married in a mountain family. Saralynn chose to live this life with John but she wanted her children to have the choice to get the best of all worlds

Becca promised to continue her chores at home and help out her mother if only her father would let her go to school with all the other children in the area. She was such an curious child and was fascinated by everything. Her mother was always teaching her about the mountain, the flowers, and all the crafts that she did. Becca was developping into as good a craftswoman as her mother.

John gave in and Becca would begin school this fall....Becca couldn't wait to start school and see what the citylife would be like.....  
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:50 am »

Aw, I love the picture of Becca and her mother working side by side.  Very cute.  Nice update.  The family sure has their hands full now!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 05:58:13 pm »

please More!

Sims Addict
riley_sims

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 08:26:28 am »

this is such a good story!!
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 05:23:57 pm »

Please, sir/madam, may I please have some more?
angiekins_01

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 04:27:46 pm »

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]This is such a cute story! I just love the toddlers! (They're adorable)
Great Job![/COLOR]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR]...because the Sims 2 is much cooler than real life.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: