Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 06:50:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Issues-Both making me nuts!  (Read 3353 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 04:30:55 pm »

OK, the first issue was that my game wouldn't run, I tried the launcher, the short-cut and the long way-nothing, zip, de nada. So I tried another disc in my drive to ensure not a problem there, everything fine. I couldn't find anyone with the same issue, so me in my great wisdom decided to reinstall BV. I removed my fave neighbourhoods and my downloads folder and put them somewhere safe and uninstalled BV, then reinstalled. All so far so good? NOT! My whole Sims2 folder has disappeared from "My Documents", surely they're not gone forever? they must be somewhere? can anyone offer any words of comfort and assistance?

foxy

Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 04:58:38 pm »

Did you uninstall an expansion pack? The sims has a habit of uninstalling everything when you uninstall just one expansion pack :/

That's the only thing I can think of that might have happened.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:29:37 pm »

Yes0I just uninstalled BV, but its never happened to me before when I've just uninstalled 1 pack. The folders reappearred when I loaded the game, but I lost all of my houses. Thank god i moved my downloads folder!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 02:39:35 am »

Try deleting the sims 2 folder in your my documents folder and start the game, normally it should recreate all the hoods when you do this.  Once done quit the game and put your back-ups back.

If there is none in the first place and you did not try to start the game yet do so, so it will recreate the complete the sims 2 folder.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:42:31 am by MissDoh » Logged
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:45:34 am »

Thanks Miss Doh-The re-installation of my game deleted my Sims2 folder, but when I started the game for the 1st time- ut recreated them. But it still means I lost my Lots folder, and all my houses. Luckily some of my sims on the hoods that I moved before uninstallation, are in my fave houses, so those lots will still be in my game now I've moved them back-oh well, lession well learnt!! I just wish I new what went wrong in the 1st place!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:18:38 pm »

Nothing went wrong, BV deletes the complete sims 2 folder when you uninstall it.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:13:46 pm »

Sorry-I meant with the game not loading prior to me uninstalling.

TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 06:43:48 pm »

I am having the same problem too.  My game won't load at all.  I'm getting real frustrated.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 02:16:37 pm »

Have you try to erase the .cache files from My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 ? It have help me a lot for the no-load of the game. Smiley
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »

Thanks-its working fine now since i reinstalled BV.

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:46 pm »

Ok ! Good !! Smiley
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 08:14:30 pm »

The reason the game doesn't start is due the securom issue's.
Install the BV patch from the exchange, when the problem keeps occuring(it did with me, had to start the game like 6/7 times before it ran and in between i had to kill the old exe with taskmanager) then install a no cd crack

No longer active
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 12:09:37 pm »

Thanks Bloom. At least i know its an actual issue rather than something i had done wrong. Its seems to be fine at the moment, though, thankfully

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: