Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:53:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxis asks for ideas  (Read 6034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:46 pm »

MaxoidDrea started a thread at the Sims BBS asking several questions to the members. Like which Sims 1 object you liked most, why you like Makin' Magic and others. It's already a superlong post but you can still reply to it.
It's interesting to see which items are wanted. The Basketball hoop, spiral staircase, the chemistry set and kid's playground are mentioned a lot. Good choices. Let's hope that will be in a next expansion (or at least some of them).
Check the post here: Thesims2.com
Thanks to Thesims2.co.za for this news.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:33:53 pm »

:laugh::laugh: its funny, to me, that EA has people with huge saleries to think of things to make, and they ask us for free.

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:35:43 pm »

I highly doubt that Maxis will take much into consideration. They've succeeded in recreating most of the EPs, but I don't think we'll ever see a Makin' Magic for Sims2. Sad
Then again, I don't know squat about the first Sims because I never played it, Lol.

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:26:29 pm »

Thanks again for the update, Maniac!  :angel:

I just posted my sentiments... hopefully, they'll finally get it together, get rid of the nuisance anti-pirating software they're still adamant about letting go, and listen to what the consumers want.  

Wishful thinking, yes, but I'm feeling quite generous right now... maybe because I'm dead tired.  :lol:

vpyroman2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »

Maxis said that they release 4 Sims 2 products a year, 2 stuff, 2 expansions. One expansion is a remake of the old one(So next is either SuperStar or Makin' Magic) and the other is an original with ideas from the community.

Also, stop bad mouthing EA, if it weren't for EA Spore would've never gotten off paper. Even Will Wright shows gratitude to them for their deep pockets and support.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:12:34 pm »

^^  Who's to say it's really badmouthing?  I'm not going to get anything else of theirs until they get their act together with the SecuRom issues.  I've actually gotten to see for myself (with my friend's PC) what happened to his computer after he installed BV.  His USB ports, CD drive, and burning program stopped working properly, and he was mad as heck.  If I have to sacrifice important stuff just to play a game, then it's really not worth the hassle.  They may have a great game, but like I said, it's too much to risk right now... especially since I'm near broke at the moment.  :?

Sure, people will disagree with others opinions, but I really don't see any reason to tell them not to say their part and how they truly feel.  :lol:

xxJessicaxx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 04:20:09 pm »

The next one is about hobbies, it was in the BV booklet..Anyway, it's good to see that Maxis is finally coming to the community for ideas.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 04:24:58 pm »

They could just farm the Sims sites for ideas.  Would give the interns something to do...

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:06 am »

I though EA already had a whole suggestions thread/forum thing:dontknow: As far as I know, it's been there forever, and they still haven't done anything from it. It seems to keep people happy, though.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 10:00:45 am »

I miss the basketball hoop, kids playground and spiral stairs the most, indeed.
And I liked the ghost in the lamp, even if he did flood my house every time. Oh no wait, he gave me cock-roaches too!

But yeah, seeing how they went about with other suggestions, I don't really expect them to do something with this. But we'll see, maybe they'll create a stuff pack with items from sims 1: "Sims 1 Stuff".

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 10:07:42 am »

Who needs a new EP. I don't! If I am looking for Maxis match items, I look here or @ Modthesims2. If I want Spiral stairs, looked here, got them! I might like to have a basketball hoop, but my sims have enough to do, thats why they go on vacation. Since they will not get rid of SecuRom, I don't need anymore EP's.  Uh-uh, no thanks! Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
maniac19642003
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 01:41:31 am »

Here are some more posts I just found on this at snootysims.

Which Sims1 object you like - Which object should Maxis make
What do you like about Makin' Magic - Favorite Makin' Magic object
What do you like about Superstar - Favorite Superstar object

Thanks to Thesims2.co.za for this news.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 01:20:23 pm »

Yeah, they closed the main thread and gave the questions their own threads. Frankly though, if EA won't listen to concerns about SecuRom, what makes these people think they will about these questions? Oh no, wait, consumer research - they'll listen when it suits them. Right? ¬_¬

No requests please
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

I think before releasing an any more EP's they need to fix the old ones first and hire better designers!

I think they are just doing it to make people believe that they are being listened to when in actuall fact their ideas won't be bothered with. And also this is the sims 2 why isn't it different from the sims 1 EP's? Could they not think of new ideas...?

Char
xxx

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 01:32:17 pm »

I really don't think they're listening, either.  Pretty sure all they're doing is making tally marks of how many times they see who likes what, and leaving it at that.  

But hey... if there's that one extremely slim chance they ARE listening, at least there are some good suggestions out there that I've seen.  :lol:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: