Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:43:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage  (Read 5560 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
seark72055

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:35:09 pm »

I was just wondering if this expansion is worth getting?  I have picked it up several times and always put it back.  

I like the build stuff that comes with expansions.  Most of the time it is a no brainer.  I am going to get the expansion but this one I am not so sure about.

Is it worth it?
seark72055

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:39:44 pm »

Anybobdy?  Ant one have any comments about teh

he bon voyage expansin?
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:49:33 pm »

Please, do not bump after such a short time. it makes that I don't want to take the effort to answer.
People on here have lives, and some people might even be nice enough to consider some stuff before answering you, so please do not expect an answer after 1 hour.
Patience is the key! Smiley

(and besides that, mods don't like double posting)

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

seark72055

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:10:42 pm »

So all you could do is complain!  Thread Nazi'a like you are why I had quit coming here so I guess I will go else where people are more helpful.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:14:55 am »

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to just complain. I just wanted to warn you, so you didn't get into trouble.
Although calling somebody a Nazi is somewhat over the top, in my personal opinion.
Anyways, sorry I bothered you, wasn't my intention at all!

And, I think Bon Voyage is worth it, since you get lots of fun new stuff, but you might want to watch out for Securom, it kills some computers.
But I wouldn't rely on my opinion that much, since I find every EP an SP worth it, as long as I get new stuff. xD

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:50:34 am »

:angry7:  Wow... I really don't think the name calling part was needed anyways... sorry you feel that way about us here at InSim, seark2055.  We just try to look out for others so they won't get in trouble... but I guess not everyone sees it that way... Sad

As for BV... like I've said a million times before, having SecuRom on my computer is not worth it.  I'm sure the extra additions are extremely fun and quite nice (in fact, sometimes I'm envious when seeing pictures), but I'm too chicken to go through and mess up my laptop.  I'm hoping the issues with EA and Sims 2 (or future Sims games) will be a lot better in the future.  :angel:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:52:41 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Me2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 05:07:54 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1050672
:angry7:  Wow... I really don't think the name calling part was needed anyways... sorry you feel that way about us here at InSim, seark2055.  We just try to look out for others so they won't get in trouble... but I guess not everyone sees it that way... Sad

As for BV... like I've said a million times before, having SecuRom on my computer is not worth it.  I'm sure the extra additions are extremely fun and quite nice (in fact, sometimes I'm envious when seeing pictures), but I'm too chicken to go through and mess up my laptop.  I'm hoping the issues with EA and Sims 2 (or future Sims games) will be a lot better in the future.  :angel:

What is securom I mean  I am buying the EP deluxe Ed and I dont need anythign messign up my computer ..

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 01:24:34 pm »

Me2, you can read a bit about it here in the Wiki article.

Also, you can look through SecuRom Isn't a Bad Thing thread, the Bug "Myths" thread, and the Flame-o-Rama thread for some more information and rants about it.  :angel:

Not saying that there aren't people who are not having problems, but still... I'm just turned off at the whole thing now that I got a chance to see what that whole "rootkit" thing can do to a person's computer.  Knowing my laptop, it'll react the same way with BV and SuckyRom like my friend's computer did, and I'm not having it.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:27:57 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 04:28:12 pm »

Seark72055, thread bumping is against the forum rules, and it's clearly stated in there. There's no need to call anyone names. Like Tenshii said, AlbinoBambi was giving you helpful advice so you won't get into trouble.  People are more than helpful here Perhaps people hadn't answered because this question has been asked and addressed many times before. There's an entire thread dedicated to BV bugs and compatibility issues just a few posts down from this one. Try looking through there and take a look through the BV pages for threads related to this. You'll find tons of information there to help you make your decision.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 09:53:05 am »

To answer the original query... Wink

If you've already got 'Seasons' then get 'Bon Voyage' too [especially if it's cheap!] as there are some great features to enjoy! [imho]. Smiley Cheesy

But be aware, as reported on this site (as well as many others) - it does have several unresolved issues!. Sad

As a wise man once said "Listen kids 'Bugs' are really bad, m'kay". Wink

Just one more go!.. Wink
jmiranda133

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 09:15:42 pm »

I like all the new stuff! But it kinda made my loading time a little slower, but hey its still pretty cool! I say its definitely worth getting.

PenChris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 08:51:07 am »

I happen to love the new walking interaction with the neighborhood and the view from a lot is SO much better. You can see the buildings! I tend to get the EP's for the building supplies, lol. The new roof is awesome, I have so been wanting it for a very long time. I haven't really played a vacation yet (just got the ep) but I like it, though as you will see, many others don't like it. It's just a matter of opinion. I, personally, thought it was worth it, and my kids are reallying liking it.
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 01:43:28 pm »

I like BV, but the novelty of traveling wore off after about a week.  It's an interesting expansion pack though, if you're into just relaxing, and being away from home when your sims need a break.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
SexyBeast0979

The Gentle Zombie...?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:48 am »

I really liked this EP I thought it was great... until it gave me the blue screen of death while I was building a new home for my sims. I really want to play BV because it has some awesome building material, but I haven't found a way around the lag, frequent pausing, and SecuRom yet. EA did create a patch but that only deals with a few problems. Oh and EA's tec support was literally Nonexistent so if you do have issues don't bother trying to get help from them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: