Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:12:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to fulfill wants  (Read 1161 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:59:24 pm »

Hi there,

Yes this is yet another problem in a long list of Bon Voyage problems.

My sims are for some reason unable to fulfill there vacation based wants.

For everyone's convenience I've illustrated my point.

My sim has meant a local outside his hotel!  As you can see in his wants he would like to learn a local gesture.

The local pounds her chest (ouch) while he looks on

He imitates her, to her delight

Then suddenly without warning they give a little jump, stop interacting and his want is still unfulfilled.  Sad  

I had the same problem when I meet bigfoot.  Every time I tried to talk to him my sim would say a few words and then they would stop interacting and just  jump apart.

If anyone else had this problem and found a solution, then I would be thrilled.  Or theories are good to. Smiley

Thank you,
Erica

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:20 pm »

A jump bug usually mean there's a hack in your game causing problems. Try the hack conflict utility tool, by Paladin @ http://www.simwardrobe.com/ or remove all hacks from your download folder and see if the problem persists.
Another thing is try to put the game in debug mode, "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and generate a error text, look up the text in your Sims 2 folder under "Logs". Package the error text and upload here, then someone can examine it and probably help better.
There's tutorials at Modthesims2.com to help with finding problem hacks. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 10:50:22 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 01:52:11 pm »

If there is a "jump" during the animation, yes an hack can be involved. But the locale gesture must be repeated many times for a complete learning too. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: