Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:31:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Realistic Reactions to Undress  (Read 4490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ralphisizer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:57:09 pm »

I always thought it was a bit weird that Sims are comfortable when undressed, or partly dressed, around others, where in meat life they wouldn't be.

Has anyone hacked an add-in that will either:

1.  Make Sims avoid appearing in social situations when, say, in their underwear; or,

2.  Make the other Sims react in some appropriate way, either with attraction and interest (Yay!) or embarrassment?

I was clued to this when I occasionally saw kids embarrassed by their parents' cuddling and kissing, and thought it would make the whole thing more meat-like if the Sims reacted to partial dress more realistically.

Come to think of it, it sounds like a handful for someone to do. Sure would be neat, though.

Somehow having a Mom show up to collect the mail wearing some of the undies I have downloaded (Yay! again) or showing up around the nanny just doesn't look right. Even if the Mom DOES look right.

Thanks.

Don.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:09:29 am »

But there's another side to it: it annoys the heck out of me, when sims are embarassed to be naked in front of their spouse and said spouse yells out in horror at the person they just had sex with! That doesn't feel right, either. That feels like "omg, what ist that THING that just crawled out of MY bed?!?!". So not romantic.

I do have the nonudereact hack, but it never really worked, even before the last two EP's. Sad
The embarrassment aspect sounds good, though. But no more yelling and crying, please.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:46:27 am »

There working in more realistic reactions to social stimuli into Sims 3, I hear.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ralphisizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »

Quote from: Wednesday17;1054172
But there's another side to it: it annoys the heck out of me, when sims are embarassed to be naked in front of their spouse and said spouse yells out in horror at the person they just had sex with! That doesn't feel right, either. That feels like "omg, what ist that THING that just crawled out of MY bed?!?!". So not romantic.
What? Where or when does THAT happen?

I mean, except in my own bedroom, of course.

I do have the nonudereact hack, but it never really worked, even before the last two EP's. Sad
The embarrassment aspect sounds good, though. But no more yelling and crying, please.
Ah. So without you saying so, it appears that there is a hack in some way similar to what I was looking for. But, as you say, it never worked very well?

Interesting.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 04:59:15 pm »

you might like the hack by dizzy, it's called no-shock-indoors2b and it Only allows sims who are outside to react to a naked emitter. Gives a Love Potion effect to naked sims who are noticed by someone they are attracted to. Also disables shock for outgoing (8 or higher) sims.

it's available in a post over at MATY with a bunch of dizzy's other hacks --> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9535.0.html

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:38:28 pm »

Quote from: Ralphisizer;1054296
What? Where or when does THAT happen?

I mean, except in my own bedroom, of course.

ROFL. Are you usually the drunk that is horrified about last night's conquest or your respective partner? Wink

Okay, for real now. I know, cause I've seen it in dozens of American movies and tv shows, that Americans seem to have sex in their underwear. All of them. Without exceptions. Like our European ancestors at the age of king Arthur did, who only lifted their nightgowns. When it was cold in winter and after Christianity was forced upon them. No more naked heathen dances in the forest, sigh.

Um, yes... I meant to say that while the normal sim sex in bed is still of the American variety with their undies on, there are also some custom ways to have sex and they usually don't ask, if they are allowed to wear their undies, but do it naked. Conveniently, afterwards they are mostly shocked about their own state of undress and get dressed so quickly, that they don't see their partner without clothes. But if one of them isn't quick enough, or whatever cause, the other has the shock reaction. Both options are unpleasant. Now, if strangers are at it outdoors, one may be shocked, but a married couple? Please!

Ah. So without you saying so, it appears that there is a hack in some way similar to what I was looking for. But, as you say, it never worked very well?

Nope. Nonudereact is NOT about the embarrassment feature you'd like to see. But:

Sleepycat, what you posted seems to be just the thing I need! Thank you SO much! :worship:
At least it is for me. The other thing with the embarrassed mum in undies, now that might be a lot more difficult to implement.
Ralphisizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:21:21 pm »

Quote from: Sleepycat;1054577
you might like the hack by dizzy, it's called no-shock-indoors2b and it Only allows sims who are outside to react to a naked emitter. Gives a Love Potion effect to naked sims who are noticed by someone they are attracted to. Also disables shock for outgoing (8 or higher) sims.

it's available in a post over at MATY with a bunch of dizzy's other hacks --> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9535.0.html
Sleepycat,

Thanks. Sort of like what I meant. But Sims are never naked, no? Except to shower or bathe, pixillated within an inch of their lives. Unless you have a naked Sims hack? Now that I think of it, there doubtless is one.

Certainly, I no of a "physiologically correct" mesh or something, somewhere. May get that some day.
Ralphisizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 07:45:44 pm »

Quote from: Wednesday17;1054680
ROFL. Are you usually the drunk that is horrified about last night's conquest or your respective partner? Wink
No, that's just the reaction I get from time to time from my wife. :-P

Okay, for real now. I know, cause I've seen it in dozens of American movies and tv shows, that Americans seem to have sex in their underwear. All of them. Without exceptions. Like our European ancestors at the age of king Arthur did, who only lifted their nightgowns. When it was cold in winter and after Christianity was forced upon them. No more naked heathen dances in the forest, sigh.
Were I not married, as I already implied, I suppose I'd be glad to disabuse you of that notion about American lovemaking. From your use of the word, "mum" I gather you're either from Great Britain or raised there.

Personally, and this has gotten more personal than either of us probably expected or wants, I find the touch of clothing (my own) not much freeing nor enticing. Others' clothing, well maybe.

Um, yes... I meant to say that while the normal sim sex in bed is still of the American variety with their undies on,
Funny. I just assumed that once they were under the covers, they got rid of all that. But maybe not.

there are also some custom ways to have sex and they usually don't ask, if they are allowed to wear their undies, but do it naked.
Really? I'd not mind looking that over.
Conveniently, afterwards they are mostly shocked about their own state of undress and get dressed so quickly, that they don't see their partner without clothes. But if one of them isn't quick enough, or whatever cause, the other has the shock reaction. Both options are unpleasant.
And they find themselves naked and get dressed quickly, but sometimes not quickly enough? Very entertaining.
Now, if strangers are at it, please!

Nope. Nonudereact is NOT about the embarrassment feature you'd like to see. But:

Sleepycat, what you posted seems to be just the thing I need! Thank you SO much! :worship:
At least it is for me. The other thing with the embarrassed mum in undies, now that might be a lot more difficult to implement.
Yes, but it was only an example, meant to pose an extreme situation to illustrate what I was saying. The behavior I always thought, while enticing in a way, is sorta unthinkable: Call a bunch of people to a party, and greet them in your underwear without knowing them all pretty intimately?

You're right, Americans are more stodgy than Europeans.

I should be clearer, though: I just would like to see a more nearly realistic reaction. Ardor, revulsion, embarrassment, whatever. Or an antipathy toward being seen in deshabille, except by intimates. I just think it would be a lot less garky than what happens, which is that clothing of any sort is irrelevant to the Sims, even if not to us.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »

Quote from: Ralphisizer;1054769
Were I not married, as I already implied, I suppose I'd be glad to disabuse you of that notion about American lovemaking.
From your use of the word, "mum" I gather you're either from Great Britain or raised there.
Why, thank you, but English isn't even my native tongue (that's German). But even so I am fond of a nice British accent and sometimes mix up phrases.
Now, for my ranting about American lovemaking, I was just poking fun at the depiction of a culture by the media. It's kinda funny for me as European, but I didn't mean it in a bad way, so please don't beat me to death with a shovel. :-P

Funny. I just assumed that once they were under the covers, they got rid of all that. But maybe not.
No. They really wear their undies while woohooing. You can see it by going into buy/build mode in the middle of it and use the design tool on the bed. As you know, it makes things transparent... Wink
Also, there are some custom beds where the sims aren't covered correctly, those look very funny!

Really? I'd not mind looking that over. (re: custom sex)

You might wanna take a look at the adult site of MTS2 or at XXXSims2 (pay). There are lots of possibilities...

Call a bunch of people to a party, and greet them in your underwear without knowing them all pretty intimately?
I guess, we have to wait for Sims 3 (IF they deliver on their promises) until we can enjoy that kind of hilarity. Would be great, though. Lol.

I should be clearer, though: I just would like to see a more nearly realistic reaction. Ardor, revulsion, embarrassment, whatever. Or an antipathy toward being seen in deshabille, except by intimates. I just think it would be a lot less garky than what happens, which is that clothing of any sort is irrelevant to the Sims, even if not to us.
I think, some of that may be included in that hack from dizzy. Haven't come around to test it, yet. But the inclination to be careless in undies or ashamed, that should be already implemented with the outgoing score. But alas...
It might be possible to do for a good modder, though. Which I'm not, sorry.

Edit: the physiologically correct mesh you referred to, might be crammboy's cock (recently also available for the ladies), that's the most convenient one. And then there are Warlokk's and Marvines meshes, that contribute a great deal for realistic enjoyment of the sims. Complete with good, realistic skintones.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:41:23 pm by Wednesday17 » Logged
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:40:13 am »

:lol:

I use crammyboys (updated for BV by Blackwiddow) nudist hack (available at MATY) so my sims walk around naked a lot, plus I use twojeffs ACR hack so they usually woohoo naked Wink

course I also have realistic skintones, crammyboys cock and the no censor blur hack :lol:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Ralphisizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 01:44:37 pm »

Wednesday17,

I no, I no, you were kidding and I took it lightly. As for Germany, I lived there for two years, worked as a Berlitz teacher for one of them.

We always go back there whenever we can, as we both enjoy most parts of it very well.

FWIW, my first year there I was stationed near Nurnberg, then near Hof in the border region, doing spy stuff with Russian.

And thanks for the references. If I've time, I may get into them later. Although something I've done has really choshed my ability to invite the Headmaster to some lots. (guiltily hanging my head) I think it was one of the undies downloads.

BTW, your English is pretty faultless for someone raised in Deutschland.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »

Quote from: Ralphisizer;1055496

And thanks for the references. If I've time, I may get into them later. Although something I've done has really choshed my ability to invite the Headmaster to some lots. (guiltily hanging my head) I think it was one of the undies downloads.

I doubt that a simple clothing download is able to mess with your game (aside from the faulty pets bodyshop things). I rather think it's a hack or mod of some kind. But I guess, you know the drill: take out whatever downloads you suspect (or all of them) and try again.

BTW, your English is pretty faultless for someone raised in Deutschland.

Thanks. That's because I'm a perfectionist. I don't have the heart to say anything at all, until I know I'm able to say it right. That's really stupid sometimes, but I can't help it. I like languages, but English is more than that, it's my passion. Unfortunately, people around me don't get it and think I'm weird for reading, watching, thinking, gaming etc. in English and despising dubbed tv or movies. Well, I watch my series alone *shrug*. And I'm weird, anyway.:-P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: