Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:51:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: First Free Time information  (Read 40899 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2008, 09:05:02 am »

people are starting to get Free time now

theres some real info and pictures at
http://calalily.sublimesims.net/freetime.html

You can now teach toddlers nursery rhymes,
which will give them charisma points, and enhance their music interest.

You can now study parenting (for one skill point only)
which makes taking care of babies easier.
They'll still put the baby on the floor, but they seem quicker to respond,
and will autonomously feed the baby (but not change it).
They can also check on the baby, and the baby will display it's lowest motive in a bubble above it's head.

Yay!! :happy8:

and theres a cute little Free Time story on the exchange
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=208667

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2008, 10:27:37 am »

I already have my download manager open so it can download tonight for me and be ready to go when I wake up. Downloads are out, and cleaned up. Everything is backed up. I'm ready...Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2008, 11:04:40 am »

Here's the real kicker-Freetime does have Securom in it. There's another thread with the news in the general discussion. Hope everyone will be ready to play it like it is..borked as usual.

Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2008, 12:08:48 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1151149
I already have my download manager open so it can download tonight for me and be ready to go when I wake up. Downloads are out, and cleaned up. Everything is backed up. I'm ready...Wink

Wait, what? You're downloading it? Lmao, way to kick EAxis' arse XD Also, you won't get Securom Wink

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2008, 04:24:58 pm »

No I pre-ordered it from EA. I know it's already here because I tried to get the patch today and it said I had a later expansion pack installed, what's later than BV? So I'll get the stupid securom again. But, I expected it. I've learned where they're concerned to just not expect anything then they can't disappoint me. The good news is we can use the fix for Securom after Kitchen and Bath and not have to worry about it anymore because this is the last EP. And I don't see any future titles announced for Sims 2.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2008, 05:25:01 pm »

*Blink* I thought digital downloads came out a lot later than the CD's where released?... Or... uh, dunno *is noob with all these on-line shopping*
Anyway, I know I will die until I will be actually able to buy it... I'm longing after it very-very much but I'm short on money and I also need a new computer for it... *sigh*

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »

No. Ok about a week ago I posted it here somewhere I got the pop up from the EA download link that said downloading.  Then it just mysteriously disappeared. I already have BV and Teen so I was like Aghh their downloading Free Time and I haven't backed up anything! So I got everything out and started my clean up thing I do with each new EP/SP. No chances. lol Anyway they usually download it at midnight the day it's supposed to be released. Freetime gets released on the 26th so tonight at midnight EA should install it on my PC. I never thought anymore about it till this morning when I went to get the second patch for BV. It wouldn't install it, it said I'm using a later expansion pack. So I think EA has already downloaded it, they're just masking it to install tonight.

-Luciano de Crescenzo
willisj

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:23 am »

Just a quick reply to PegasusDiana's message in this thread (dunno how to quote). I got Free Time today (in Australia) and in the pack I noticed an advert for something called Sims 2: Castaways. I dunno if this is the next EP or a completely different thing entirely.

The flyer said that your Sims are on a deserted island and they have to learn to craft the items they need to survive.

Anyone heard anything more about this?

P.S. Free Time stops all of your Custom Content from showing up or shows it as all in BLUE. I think we need a new CEP for FT.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2008, 03:41:04 am »

That would be Castaway Stories, not an actual expansion pack. Oh, and the flashing blue items would be a result of the program automatically disabling all custom content once the EP is installed. You have to check the "Enable Custom Content" box which shows up once the game has finished loading, then you need to restart the game in order to get your CC working again.

There's no need for a new CEP so far - it will only become a necessity once people start creating recolours for FT objects.

Oh, so it's out in Australia? I should go check out the local game stores if I can bunk off work early enough tomorrow, but then again I've sworn not to buy and install it until I'm aware of any bugs it may have (and I have no doubt there will be some). I keep on worrying that this will be as poorly executed as the Pets EP was.

:blob6:
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2008, 10:40:55 am »

I'm playing Sims Castaway right now. I'm not playing it as often as I did the Sims. I'm relaxing and enjoying it. I don't even care if it takes a few days to complete a task. I have a little Orangutan that's living with me. We make such a cute couple grooming each other, feeding each other banana's. rofl It's different then it is for the PS. Pretty similar, but still different. I don't think they could have kept it the same and made it so it was runable by everyone's PC. We only have so much resources on our PC's so I'm not going to complain about the little things. I'd prefer to keep it to the major things that need to be fixed so we can get EA to listen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:44:29 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
maniac19642003
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:41 pm »

Prima guide
You can now download the FreeTime E-guide from Prima. However, it is recommended that you wait. Many people on the SimsBBS are complaining that only the first 2 chapters are in this download. The latest news is that Prima is aware of the problem. To be continued.
'Srikandi715' from the Sims BBS posted quite some interesting info from these first chapters here: SimsBBS post

Walmart download
Online shop Walmart always gives away their Redemption code for their pre-order item. So you're free to download the 'Modelshelf' object.
For the link and code, check the following website: Walmart.com
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2008, 11:18:19 pm »

all 5 Free Time exclusives --> http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=1287.0

:happy8:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2008, 05:34:51 am »

Awesomeness! I'm just about to snaffle them now...

:blob6:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2008, 07:38:14 am »

As usual, the male side of the content is shabby and not all that well made.  I see only one new hat-less hair mesh -- rather crappy - but several new hats -- the construction worker helmet is a big gain -- but the clown >_<

Well who ever was the first person to say clowns are "fun" should have been killed before he spread this disease.

There are 2 screen captures of the male content attached below.

I looked very carefully - I do not see any new build mode tools, but I do see additional roof colours and many new walls and floors.

Maybe I missed something, I did not pay close attention to all the additions of BonVoyage.

Yes, there is more new stuff, but I am lazy and absolutely refuse to even look at the female content since 80% or more of the game defaults and custom content available for download is already overloading the community with female crap.  Besides, I am using a borrowed laptop to play it and the laptop owner is glaring intently at me and asking "are you done yet?" every 5 minutes.

I think this may not add much new in the objects and clothes, but I do think this AddOn is worth the money for the ideas and activities, if nothing else. I have been very disappointed with the lack of "things to do" since the first day Sims 2 was released =/

Sims 2 is much more attractive than original Sims, but not as much fun because of the serious short-comings in what your Sims have to do as actions.

University adds some good things, Nightlife also many good things, Seasons is still amazing to me, the others, I only want for build mode additions. I have no use at all for the Pets EP.

So I am a little disappointed with the small quantity of items added, but I hope the "play" additions make it worth the money.

* some_hair.jpg (194.99 KB, 856x619 - viewed 417 times.)

* some_clothes.jpg (151.9 KB, 882x430 - viewed 286 times.)

* some_buildmode.jpg (202.24 KB, 1000x444 - viewed 308 times.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:41:07 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2008, 07:50:56 am »

The Male hair, and the first outfits with the shorts are cute. No so much the turbans or hard hats though :/

The walls with the paint splatters are awesome. I can see myself using them over and over again. Now to just have enough money and the opportunity to go to Dublin to buy it. Stupid rural town with no games outlets D:

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: