Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:38:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blinded Fate  (Read 2986 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:38:29 pm »

Well since my huge computer crash I lost all of my other stories. I waited a while to post a new one until I started one I knew would be able to stick. So here is my newest story. I hope you all enjoy it and please please comment and let me know what you think.

Chapter 1: The Meeting

"Hey Tracy said you could need some help out here"
"Yeah its pretty hectic, there are carts everywhere."
"Well where would you like me to go first?"
"Would you mind taking care of the "Pit" for me?"
"Sure."

I went down to spot on the east parking lot known as the "Pit" its the most popular place for people to park and always full of carts no matter what time of the year it is. Today being Christmas Eve it was quite full of carts waiting to be taken inside the store for the next last minute shopper to take and eventually end up right back outside again. I often wondered how many times in a 5 hour day I would come across the same shopping cart.

Generally on a typical day there would be 2 people to a lot, there are 2 lots east and west. East is a little bit bigger but any manager would tell you they are the same size. Tonight however as usual they failed to schedule enough people to help out on the lots and with closing time drawing nearer it looked like it was going to be one long night. I got my break at the 2 /12 hour mark and spent it chatting with my friend Rene the greeter.

I munched on a Pop Tart and talked to her about her son and her husband who was a night manager at the store. We talked about plans for the holiday and just about anything you could imagine. She wasn't like most adults, she was someone I could really relate to even if she is 5 years older than me.

Our chat was interrupted by that boy who I was sent out to help earlier that day pushing carts up and tapping our rear ends. We looked at him and he shot us a toothy grin from ear to ear and walked back out the door to bring in more carts. Tonight was the first time I've ever met that boy and was really surprised since I had been working there for 4 months already. I knew almost everyone.

"Rene do you know him?" I asked
"Yeah his names Jeremy, he's a good kid but a goof ball." She said
"Ive never seen him until tonight." I said watching as he brought in yet another set of carts.
Rene just watched me smiling.
"I wonder if he has a girlfriend" I said out loud not even realizing it.
Rene laughed.
"I don't think so Kim, He doesn't seem to be the type to date." She said.

We talked a little bit more until my break was over. I went back to the front desk where I was told to go back out onto east lot. Normally I would complain and remind Tracy that I had already been out there for the beginning of my shift but Jeremy was out there and any chance I had to get to know him I wanted to take.

I pushed in a few sets of carts and then Jeremy brought out the cart pusher, this was my chance to really get to talk to him without getting in trouble. The cart pushing machine was a 2 man operation, one at the front of the line of carts the other at the controls. I helped him bring in a few sets and we chatted a little bit about schools and where we lived. I learned he lived in the town of Harris where we worked while I lived out it Pull-burg a tiny little farm town about 20 minutes away. He was a senior in high school and I was a junior. We shared a few interests like movies and some music. He was more of a classic rock fan while I perfered pop and newer music.

While we were talking he pulled out a necklace on a gold chain and asked me if I liked it. I told him it was beautiful and I felt my heart sink.
"Your girlfriend is a lucky girl." I said realizing that he was only ever going to be a friend.
"I don't have a girlfriend." He said looking very timid.
"Its for my mom" He said putting it away in in pocket.
"Oh I'm sorry, Shes going to love it, I know I would." I said.

We helped each other for the majority of the night, I would round up as many carts as I could and he would put them on the cart pusher and take them inside. The store had been closed an hour and we were still working hard to bring in all the carts. During this time one of Tracy's little henchmen were spying on us and we got in trouble for talking too much and being too close together on the lot and were forced to be at least 10 feet away from each other at all times or she would bring one of us in. It sucked to have to follow her rules because we were making a lot of progress with our method.

My shift ended a half hour before his and I stuck around talking to Rene and watching him outside as he pushed in more carts. I felt so horrible that he had to be out there the whole time he was working. After he got off work I met him at the front of the store.
"Hey" I said
"Hey" He said back.
We looked at each other and laughed.
"So what are your plans tonight?" I asked him.
"Probably just going home." He said and started walking to his car.
"Well how about we go get something for dinner? My family is all away at my uncles and I really don't want to go home and be all alone just yet." I said running to catch up with him.
"Sure I guess so." He said.

We got to his car which was an old Jeep and he told me to get in. Normally I would be scared out of my mind to get into a strange boys car but something felt good about Jeremy. We drove around town for an hour before realizing that at 9 o clock on Christmas Eve everything was closed. Finally the only place we found open was a 24 hour Quality Dairy 2 towns over. We went in and ordered some ice cream and sat in his car eating it.

We had a really fun night together and got to know each other better. I felt myself falling for him and I think he was falling for me too. He had never had a girlfriend and he didn't know how to react. Usually girls found him to be too childish and dorky. I liked that about him, he wasn't like most guys and he wasn't afraid to have fun.

When we finished our ice cream he drove me back to the store so I could get in my car and go home. Before getting in my car I grabbed him and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks for the great night." I said and I got in my car.
He stood there for a minute in shock before getting in his truck and leaving.

When I got home everyone was still gone but I didn't care. I ran upstairs to my room and pulled out my blue diary I bought the day before. My first page in it was all about that night and every little detail that happened. I flung myself against my pillow on my bed when I was done writing and I stared at the ceiling and drifted off to sleep thinking about Jeremy.

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:49 am »

Ah, teen love.  I've always liked the name Jeremy.  Cute story!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 01:41:15 pm »

Teen love, always a great base for a story.
xHannaHx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:49:33 pm »

very good start Smiley

Planning a sim wedding? In need of the perfect gown? Your search shall be no longer. Check out my set of 3 wedding gowns:love8:
Click here To get me in your game. You know you wanna :dance:
[/FONT][/SIZE]
nikki.g

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:15:57 am »

Awesome sorry about your computer crash!!! Mine crashed about june last year i was soooo ANGRY!!! all my custom content gone and all that stuff!!! Sad

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality i accept!
[/SIZE]
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 01:50:00 pm »

Hope to hear more!Great story btw!

Everytime We Touch is a 5 star movie!Best ever!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKpaZFMsC4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: