Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quitting at weird times  (Read 2557 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:16:26 pm »

I have all the games up to BV excluding Pets and SPs, and in one certain household (hasn't done it in any other including college dorms) the game crashes at random times.
Last time, nothing special happened, it just crashed.  This time it crashed five minutes ago just as I had clicked "Call-Work"

I've decorated the house in a similar but not exactly the same manner both times, but I'm considering just deleting the house and building them on a different lot.
Anyone had something similar/think they can tell me what's wrong?

These are the majour rooms/areas and the only changes are the bedroom seats, a EAxis telescope and custom hottub outback, toilets, beds, lights, rug and curtains.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »

I would suggest you put the boolprop testing cheat at on and see if the game would generate an error report.  If so, you could attach it to your next reply so we can take a look and maybe help you.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:35:33 pm »

Alright, I'll do that tomorrow and post if anything happens.
Thank you, I never would have thought of that.

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 12:11:39 pm »

It quit again, but I very honestly have never done this before and am not sure which files to look for.

I didn't get the boolProp testinghceatsenabled window asking to quit/reset/delete either.  Just "The application has crashed.  The application will now terminate."

Here's what I think may be the files, if not please tell me.

Logs

* Sims2Exception 2007.12.01 08.49.22.txt (10.44 KB - downloaded 100 times.)

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:12:32 pm »

This won't help unfortunetaly and since the game did not generate an error report for you it is harder to narrow the problem.  Here are some suggestions though.

Try deleting your groups.cache and cigen.package file.  If you have custom career take them out, often they can cause problem like the one you are having.

Try running that lot without any cc at all (totally remove the downloads folder) to see if the problem still occurs.  If not, something in the downloads folder is causing this crashing.  

If it still crashes without any cc, check to make sure you have the latest video driver install for your game.

You can use the hack detection tool found at http://www.simwardrobe to see if any of your mods are conflicting.

You can use the sims clean installer found at mts2 to check if you do not have unknown mods or duplicates files.

Make sure you have the right mod version and objects version for the latest ep you have install.  Outdated mod and objects can sometimes make the game crash.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:42:47 am by MissDoh » Logged
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 10:52:26 am »

Alright, I did delete the groups.chache since I last went in, and the hack-detection errored on my computer.
If it crashes this time I'll do the rest of your suggestions.
Thank you and I hope this works.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 07:57:53 pm »

Mine crash at odd times, but I think my problem is RAM. I can only upgrade to 1Gig, old computer, and when I crash, it is usually after playing for hours. I realized it was a RAM problem after a crash, cause my task manager showed that I was using 1.5 gigs, which I don't have.
All, I am saying, check your RAM. It may be a CC problem. Items with high vertices and (I can't remember) counts, tend to take up alot of RAM, these are items I stay away from. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 02:06:48 pm »

Yes Lewis. Smiley With my old computer which had only 256 Mb of Ram Cheesy, the game crashed regularly when I was trying to change the "coiffure" of sim girls (with the mirror). Too many dowloaded hair I guess. tongue
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 09:45:24 pm »

I just updated my RAM with a one-gig stick, but I've moved them to a new house so I'll see how it goes there.

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 03:34:45 pm »

I hope it will help you AxelVal. Keep on. Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 12:08:51 pm »

Upgrading your ram was a good idea. I looked at your exception log and your available memory was too low. Also, try shutting down your background tasks to free up more memory.

Let us now how it works! Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: