Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:58:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Older Expansion Packs?  (Read 1238 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:21:08 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've only had my sims since the summer but already got so addicted lol. I have the base game, nightlife, pets, open for business, seasons  and stuff packs family & holiday.  For christmas, my family is getting me university, celebrations, and maybe one more of the stuff packs.  I've been organzing my downloads more and trying to weed out some of the stuff I don't use as much and so I have some more space on my computer for when I get those.
   My question revolves around getting ready to add those-I wanted university cause its has lots of stuff in it that it always seems like Im missing but since its and older expansion instead of a newer will it mess my others like seasons up? also do you have to reinstall the fixit patch for seasons if you add uni and since its an earlier expansion do I still need to temporarily take out the hacks/mods and then put them back in or since seasons is the latest version I have does it matter? I want to disrupt my stuff as little as possible and am so looking forward to getting some of the packs I don't have
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:33:21 am »

It's always a good idea to install the eps in the order they were released. You run less risk of having problems. And yes...always pull out your downloads before installing eps, regardless, and test your game before putting them back in. That way, if you do have any problems you know it's the game and not a conflict from a mod or cc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:31:59 am »

Thanks so much for the help. Lol I  never realized I would get this addicted to playing it.  My family got me hooked on it cause they knew I liked the rpgs on video games and now this.  At the black friday sales they had a ton of good prices on stuff-some of the stores had ones like the holiday stuff pack, celebrations for only $3 for special sales and some deep discounts for some of the others so they ended up getting me some for christmas that I didn't have and I didn't want to mess up my current stuff if at all possible (but can't wait to get my new additions too).  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: