Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:35:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think it's time...  (Read 5324 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Corinne

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:27:44 pm »

...for me to retire.

I've been making CC for 2 or 3 years now, nonstop.  I've been making meshes now for a year, but only releasing a couple.  The one I am most proud of is the Punk Junkie body shape, which allows everyone to have skinny boys and not just the usual maxis-toned bods.

At this point in time, however, my computer has not only eaten everything I've worked so hard on, it's made me realize just how fragile everything is. And it's given me time to realize that this game has become more than a game, for some it has become a way of life - I was headed that way.  I am not going to be owned by a game, so I am going to quit while I am ahead and I am going to do to people what I started doing with Sims - Tattoos!

For me, the hardest thing to imagine is my departure from Sims 2 Content Creation, but my future and my career as a tattoo artist depends on it.

I do not want it to be permanent, but the chances of it being temporary are very, very small.  Any and all future updates and/or creations will be hosted at my site, which on July 2nd, 2008, will be offline for good.  Filesharing of my past/unavailable items may be done via PM and MSN, I don't want to see someone uploading my goodies here just because I'm retired. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.
 Kathy & Eric: If you wouldn't mind keeping my section around for a few months, that would be great. Also, I do plan on remaining a SuperMod if you need me.  I am around a computer all day until around 4pm PST/7pm EST.  If I get my computer restored to the way it was before it died, I will have something to upload - if not, I'll be making something to share with everyone as a parting gift - then I'll move my items from this site to mine so I save space.  It's up to Monica (Mohican) if she wants the section to herself, I haven't had MSN to ask her so I don't know.  I am hoping she continues to make smokin' hot sims punk stuff for all of you who were fans of it in the beginning.

I love all of you!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 12:37:52 pm »

Corrine, I'm sad for my game to see you retire from creating, but I'm very excited for your new career move. You've added a lot of great things to my game that would have been missed if you hadn't made anything for us. Thanks for everything you've done, and good luck with tattooing! I love you too!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:49:04 pm »

I'm sad to hear this though I understand the reason why,Thank you for all your hard work and  Good luck with all your future endeavours! Cheesy

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:48 pm »

:bawl:  Oh... my game weeps, also.  The punk junkie shape is one of my favorites for a sim I play with.  I'm definitely going to miss seeing your CC...  Thanks a lot for everything you've given back to the community.  I'm definitely going to miss seeing new Sims 2 content from ya.  Sad

On the other hand, I'm also happy to see you make that jump into the career pool!  Congrats!  :smile bi:  I wish you all the luck in being successful.  :angel:

Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:54:26 pm »

Good luck, Cor, hon.  I'll miss you very much! *hugs*
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 02:45:52 pm »

aww, we'll miss you Corinne! Your stuff is awesome, but good luck with everything you do! Cheesy

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 04:01:45 pm »

Sad to hear indeed, but your career and dreams come first. Thank you for your contribution towards this site, they will still be appreciated. Corinne, I personally want to thank you for your friendship since I been here and also that you helped me some time ago. You are very talented and I hope in the future that you continue to use it to get farther in life, as you demonstraited here.

-Decora Wink

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
stsarina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 06:23:01 pm »

Very sorry to see you go, but also very excited for you - it sounds like a fantastic job, and I wish you all the best.

Hannah x
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 10:34:09 pm »

It's a sad day whenever a creator leaves creating for the game but the upside is you're gonna be doing something in real life. thank you so much for the amazing creations you've generously shared with us.  i wish you luck in all your further endeavors Smiley

take care and please visit us from time to time Cheesy

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 04:41:11 pm »

From the sound of things, you seemed to be a great CC creator.
I'm gonna miss you, even though I've never gotten around to downloading any of your content.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:22:51 pm »

'Tis a disappointment, I must say. Still, you've gotta do what you've gotta do, and anything is better than becoming a slave to a game. Anyhow, best of luck in your tattooing career!

:blob6:
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 06:26:03 pm »

We'll miss you, doll, but best of luck with your new career!! You'll do awesome!!

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 06:46:54 pm »

Good luck in all of your future endeavours.  You are a fantastic artist and I know you will do great! Cheesy

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Ruthless

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 04:58:04 pm »

Awww. I am sad to see you go. :sad2: But I know what you mean.
Tattooing is a wonderful career if you can be open minded and great at drawing. I know you have both those skills, not to mention the all out creative things you pull off.
You have been a great addition to the sims 2 community and you have influenced so many people. You will be missed Corinne but never forgotten.

Sorry that was a bit on the cheesy side. lol.. You get my point.
Goat.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 01:28:21 am »

NOO! it's really gonna suck not having you here no more, but if it's for your career, then i guess it's for the best. one day, i hope i'll get a tattoo from you. my dad was a tattoo artist, but he died before i was even 1 year old.:crybaby:

“What is wrong wis dis dumb dildos? Dey gives us all dah free coffee in the world and no instruction how to COOK it!”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: