Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:38:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Download Folder  (Read 9746 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dec12741

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:47:33 pm »

If i tick someone off Iam sorry,I just want to help People who play Sims 2 and love it dearly,the following is what you can have(sub-folders) in you downloads Folder
(1)Automotive
(2)Buy Mode
(3)Build Mode
(4)Clothing
(5)Hair
Homes
Makeup
Floors
Walls
 and so on,if put sub-folders in these folder the game will not work,it will crash and terminate,I just want to help people if they are having any troubles
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:23:46 am »

Well, I have skintones (default and otherwise) in sub-folders, and they seem to be working fine - are you saying that can cause a crash or will? :scratch: I have intermittent crashes, sometimes I can go for hours, other times it'll crash after one (or less).

Thanks for the info anyway Smiley

No requests please
goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:27:44 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1058508
Well, I have skintones (default and otherwise) in sub-folders, and they seem to be working fine - are you saying that can cause a crash or will? :scratch: I have intermittent crashes, sometimes I can go for hours, other times it'll crash after one (or less).

I think they're saying sub-folders in the sub-folders will crash your game

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 01:56:43 pm »

:scratch:  Strange... hasn't happened to me yet, and I have sub-folders in sub-folders in sub-folders... in subfolders... :shock:  Sure, my game crashes at random times, but that's mainly when my virtual memory resources are low, and the doggone laptop can't take anymore.  :?

I guess it really depends on which EPs you have and how well your computer can handle all of that.  Just my guess, of course.  :happy8:

Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »

So are you saying ... you do have sub-folders in your Downloaded folder?

I thought the game wouldn't be able to see them ... so I color labeled them ... yeah, it didn't help though and takes forever to organize on heavy days of downloading.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »

Yep.  Lots of 'em for every type of download.  Even my content in the "4th level" sub-folders show up in the game just fine.  Of course, my highest EP is Seasons, so I guess that has a good amount to do with it.  :angel:

Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 03:32:52 pm »

Great! I like being organized and my downloaded folder makes me very annoyed! Smiley

Smiley
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:20:34 pm »

I think you can have multiple sublevels since Nightlife was released.
Jrobinred

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 12:29:38 pm »

Quote from: Redrew25;1058738
Great! I like being organized and my downloaded folder makes me very annoyed! Smiley

Smiley

I've only started putting things in sub-folders.  I really don't like a messy downloads folder.  Also, a lot of the package folders aren't named, so I really get mad it my folder then.

:worship:Everyone Bow Down to the Great Robyn Lee:worship:
Khayman71

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 03:13:28 pm »

If you have Nightlife or later then you can subfolder everything, though apparently some hacks shouldn't be. There's also no limit to the amount of sub-subfolders you can have either. See the FAQ at MTS

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Organizing_Custom_Content
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 03:21:33 pm »

I think the only problem with sub-foldering sub folders (that was a mouthful lol) is loading time for the game. If you don't mind loading times I don't think it matters. I have a bunch of subfolders. I keep only three things loose in my downloads folder. The rest is all categorized. But I did find when a subfolder got bloated like clothing, I tried to sub-folder it into child/teen/adult/elder. It made loading time go way up. It went from three minutes to almost 10 minutes and that was just on one folder. I did away with those really quick and just dealt with the bloated folder.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Similis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 04:38:42 pm »

LOL, i got rid of all sub folders, didnt think they would work. Got 1 big folder with everything in it..
Starting to download more then playing, now thats a shame..ROFL..

Smiley::smilieiforgetwhi::
Most my creations are hosted at Saving the Sims
I created mostly sims2 homes for livin-it-up
[
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims29/
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:11 pm »

:lol:  Don't feel bad, Similis.  It happens to all of us at some point.  I found myself doing that when I had the gap between getting OFB and Seasons.  That was a long and boring 4 months for me game-wise, and I was pretty much still in the "lurking" phase on this and a few other sites.  So in order for me to even live while waiting for Seasons to be released (Pets was too evil for me to handle the idea of getting), I downloaded like a maniac... and I'm paying dearly for that downloading binge today.  So as a result, I found that in order for me to get through finding those troublesome downloads, I HAD to organize my folder... the game just wouldn't let me continue on with one huge folder with well over 37,000 files.

Thank God for giving us talented programmers like Delphy and jfade to come up with stuff like the Download Organizer and The Compressorizer.  I'd be in even worse shape than now and would've gave up playing the game on this poor flimsy laptop a long time ago.  :laugh:

jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 05:57:30 pm »

I pretty well use the catagories used by Clean Installer; clothes, eye brow, walls etc. Anything that gets highlighted by Clean Installer in red goes into one I've called hacks so I can find trouble causers.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 11:44:41 pm »

With most problems in the game caused by newly downloaded mods/hacks and meshes, I highly recommend a special folder to hold newly downloaded items, along with separate folders for mods and meshes.  Once you've run the game with those new items and all goes well and you decide to keep them, just transfer them over to the appropriate folder.  I makes tracking down problems a lot easier.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: