Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:35:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbidden Love  (Read 2765 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »

In this story I took elements from other stories to create the characters I did, such as the idea of the Drow or 'Dark-Elf' from the Forgotten Realms setting.
A quick forewarning; the prologue and possibly the first chapter or two will be written in 'First Person' perspective from either of the two main characters. And the remaining chapters will be written in 'Third Person'. So don't be surprised about the change in writing style. When it is in first person, it will be clearly labelled which perspective its from.
The story mainly circulates around two main characters: Xun'daar Myrraul and Karaya Twillian; as well as other characters related to them, through blood, friendship or another form of acquaintanceship. So here it goes:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue: Isla Bound
Xun'daar 's story:[/U][/B]
I'm not what you'd call a monster... per se. But neither am I what you'd call a human. Technically speaking, i am a Drow, a dark elf if you will, but we much prefer drow to dark elf, despising the connection to our foul, tree-hugging, surface dwelling kin. I've been raised amongst a tribe sworn to hate the surface elves and to worship Lloth. No exceptions. Restrictive, suffocating ever; but thus it the life of a drow.
Here's a picture (or two) to give you an idea of what I look like.

The drow live in the harsh and evil environments of the Underdark. The big upside to this is we have underground throughout the entire world to ourselves. Our eyes, too, have adjusted to the darkness of the Underdark, allowing us to see with infra-red vision, sensing heat.
The mind of the drow works differently than a human. In drow culture, woman are regarded with much higher regards then males. Even a male with as much power as the archmage, second most powerful figure in any Underdark city, cannot retain the respect and power of even the less noble preistesses. It is as our god, Lloth, wishes, and we've learned better than to tamper with her ways. Here's a picture of our Matron, Matron Mother Shenkaar Myrraul, giving a warm hug to my sister, a high preistess, while I sit suffering in my room, with nothing:

I was walking through the streets of the Braeyr, our hometown, which had an unusual amount of light today. I had completed my mission.... with near success.

I knew when I had reached our home, had sensed the familiar presences of the matron mother and my sister, the preistess. Most drow did not possess this gift, and the matron mother had often tried to influence me into studying wizardry. But I refused, deciding instead that I would train to be a warrior. She had sighed a heavy sigh, had claimed that females, too, were stronger and larger than males and it would be foolish to be wasted as a warrior. I knew it was true, but still I wanted to be a warrior. But back to the story at hand...

"You lost HOW MANY of your troop?" the Matron snarled.
"Seven," I replied honsetly, ashamed, but never once dropping my eyes to the floor. I had a real backbone.
She snarled again. "How in the name of Lloth do you lose SEVEN troop members on one SIMPLE expedition?"
"I... I don't know, mother."
This simple explanation did not suffice. She still looked angry:

When she left I let out a long, heavy sigh, and stood, gazing longingly out the window. How I longed to be free, to be released from the living hell that was my life.
Then I saw it: the sign. I nearly gasped in shock when I read the words. I knew this was my one and only chance to leave the Braeyr.

HELP WANTED
Need three drow to complete crew on a luxury caravan to complete a business transaction with the humans of the Ki-Linguii sector.
Caraven loads at midnight.
- Marn Do'Shen

I immediately sent a request for a summons to Marn. i recognized the name, and i knew that this was no 'business transaction' but an organized rebellion fleeing the Underdark.
He was here faster than I would've thought possible. Maybe i should have studied wizardry!

As we talked, he openly admitted what I had speculated about the rebellion. I knew my decision, I was going. I think he could tell I was happy about leaving the Braeyr,

And then I ran, faster than I'd ever run before, to where Marn's caravan waited to bring us on our voyage to the surface. To a new life. To freedom.

New account --> 2*B~Weird
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:13:21 am »

Ooh - so right up my alley.  I love fantasy stories, and this one promises to be fun.  Great beginning so far, I'll be looking for updates!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
rainymorning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 03:27:37 am »

Nice beggining:P...Can't wait to see the rest...

M@d's Crypt

Goal 1 - 1000 posts
Goal 2 - Learning GERMAN O.O
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: