Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:23:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Impossible  (Read 1466 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2007, 03:44:08 pm »

It is starting to be everytime more and more difficult to get answers (or interest) in technical questions. I'm in the middle of a project where I should find a way to give Sims a minimum sense for fidelity. For this purpose I need an effective way to make Sims be aware that they are MARRIED.

The game check is based on a search for another Sim that has constant 0X0110:04 to him/her. It is one of the most uneffective searches cause almost no routine can make a simple search for another Sim (be it in the lot, or much worse, in the hood)
I have been thinking - what is totally common among married (or engaged) Sims is the presence of a Wedding Ring (GUID ACD9F5FA) or an Engagement Ring (GUID 8CB96585). The thingie is placed on the finger Slot 0x00.

Real Question: Is there a way to make a new routine where it can be simply checked if the Sim has a ring on it, to stablish that this Sim is committed?
If so, it would be a direct answer "I'm married, du idiot! I'm not available for all approaches!"
At least it would be possible to make some limitations to interactions that are really annoying. The producer has been tricking all of us by simply nuking some interesting interactions, not because of purity of mind but for absolute lazyness. It is enormous difficult to stablish a balance in an interaction and we are in a worse position when modding cause there isn't enough globals.
Sometimes I get very angry because all that is bad is very attractive. Reality? Not at all, when it deals on bad things, no one is worried about how much addictive it is because you can simply nuke it. But when it deals on good things, the question is another, because you don't want to nuke it, you want it to be at least reasonably available.
I would like that when I marry two Sims (in my game they choose each other), I don't want these two Sims to get a crush or love just because another Sim with more than 50/50 relationship, decides to give them a back rub. In spite of all my trials, I cannot make a Sim go to the bed where the partner is laying, because the Sim cannot even know that it is married. It is an absurd to place labels on doors to limitate accesses.
I hate double beds. I hate Sims double beds. And I'm starting to hate doors!

Blah!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 04:01:50 pm »

I really wish I could answer, 'cause I feel the same way. I had no idea the relationships were that screwed :oogle: It's one thing zapping the wants to flirt (Pescado did this), but it seems the actions themselves are another.

Maybe you could try asking Twojeffs? He put some kind of control in his ACR mod for this kind of thing, but it's only for casual actions. He might be able to help :dontknow:

No requests please
Khayman71

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:56 pm »

I don't know if this will help but Pescado doesn't just have the mod to zap flirting wants, there's also a romance mod. Part of the rtfm reads;

"Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship"

You can find it at;

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=c5993c17f0c0b1564c2f15a221f29f88&topic=7.0

Click on the link for your latest EP, then hacks and then download "romancemod.zip". As I said, there's an rtfm included in the zip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: