Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:18:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: flashing purple ground? & one new problem  (Read 1619 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Why Lie

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:57:33 pm »

I've just installed sims 2 on my new laptop and i loaded it up and for some reason the grounds flashing purple and dark purple, I'm not entirely sure whats wrong, and if its a graphic card problem... i have all the EP's but no stuff packs, and my laptops vista if that helps you...  I've included a print screen of what is on so you can get an idea...

I didn't dare go into any houses just in case i borked up my game, and have no CC downloaded as of yet.  If someone knows what to do, Please say something.

~~~~~~~~~

I have a new problem, i loaded sims up today on my old computer (we took the other one back) and tried to save my game and it just cut on me, as in the whole computer turned off.  I've not downloaded anything in a while, so i don't think its a download problem.  i tried the deleting the groups.cache & accessories.cache files and it didn't work... lets just say I'm now ready to hurt the next thing to annoy me... any more idea's?

*I didn't want to start a new thread cause i'm sure there are more important problems to look at than this*

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:05:02 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:56:09 pm »

It could be your graphic card. Vista is a resource hog, which is one of the reasons why I'm not fond of it. It really makes your computer work that much harder with the game, so cards that worked while running XP don't work with Vista. What is your computer running on?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:19:34 pm »

its an Nvidia one, we've figured out that it was the graphics card, so now we're gonna try take it back and have they severe words with the guy that sold it us, he said it would run sims fine with that card, but it hasn't angry9:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:26:09 pm »

You could also try updating your drivers and give that a shot. Computers aren't guaranteed to come with the most recent drivers.

With the Vista, you need a GeForce 6200 or higher to run Sims 2

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 04:40:28 pm »

we've asked my dad to take my partner and the laptop back and see if they'll refund it, or exchange it, but i doubt they will, and as it was a xmas present i'm really cheesed off about this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: