Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:32:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Packing Sims  (Read 2105 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:15:08 pm »

How do I package a sim that wasn't made in BodyShop, but the actual game itself?

Thanks for your help! Smiley
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 05:28:37 pm »

You will need SimPe for this. Here's a good tutorial from MTS2.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:04 am »

No I mean like she was created in the game, not born in the game lol.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:17:53 pm »

It's actually the same thing, ThexVillain, you still need SimPE to extract her into bodyshop to be able to package her. I've done it with some of my sims, so it does work.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 05:02:55 pm »

Unfortunately SimPe hasn't been updated for Bon Voyage, so if you've got BV installed you won't be able to use it to export your born-in-game sims.  

There is however, a tester version of SimPe that apparently works for exporting post BV sims that are born-in-game, more info here.  You will need to follow the link that Decorachroi posted above for instructions on how to use the program to so this, but you'll need the test version.  Good luck.  Am off to try it out myself.

UPDATE: Ok, the test version doesn't allow you to export your sims. There's an updated version of it, but you have to be a registered member of the forum.  You may have to wait a little longer ThexVillain.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:36:44 pm by ilikefishfood » Logged

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 11:38:19 pm »

Dang it, lol.

Well if SimPe is ever updated for Bon Voyage, someone please let me know!
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 06:59:23 am »

Somewhere here on insimenator there's a link for the beta version of SimPe BV. It works for me, but I really can't remember where exactely I found the link or who posted it.
Search the help sections and maybe you'll stumble upon it.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 07:47:28 am »

Well, I am beside myself with excitement!  I did some searching around and found a working link to the beta version of SimPe for BV!  It's at post #30 by Lyra here (note: the other links posted in the thread are expired.  Lyra gives a working one........and guess what? It really does work!  

Once you've downloaded it, remember to follow the instructions that Decorachroi posted the link to (above).  And pleeeease back up, before you do anything!  I always back up my neighbourhood (and call it "clones" or something) and use that backed up hood to open up Sims Surgery and export simmies.  They'll then show up in CAS, and more importantly, Bodyshop where you can package them for upload.  

WARNING: make sure you remove any BV stuff from your sims before packaging them, like jewellery and stuff, so people who don't have the EP can download and use your sims.  Have fun!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: