Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:56:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will my CC work when i install BV for the 4th time?  (Read 2747 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JBMX928

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:43:18 pm »

jw if there is a sure answer to whether or not CC works with bon voyage. I have over 3 gigs of custom content and have tried installing BV 3 times now but each time my CC never shows up after multiple restarts. Stupidly enough everytime i uninstalled i thought it corrupted my game and went and re-installed every EP but now i realize that when you uninstall you may not have to reinstall all of them. Id like to know a sure answer before i go through what might be another long and painful process... Thank you..:smt106
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:36:52 am »

All the custom content is kept in several folders, which you have to save in separate place, before uninstalling and reinstalling each EP:
1) Downloads
2) Saved sims
3) Packaged lots
4) SC4 Terrains
5) Collections
6) [optional] Nieghbourhoods (if you want to continue your previous game)

If you decide to uninstall the EP - saving these folders is critical, because you can lose all your downloads.

For instance - the folders Downloads, Packaged lots, and Saved Sims won't appear after the installation, and the folders SC4 Terrains, Nighbourhoods,  and Collections will appear in default condition. You have to paste/replace these folders with your saved ones.
JBMX928

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:32 pm »

ok so basically if i backup my entire sims 2 folder from my documents, then after installation copy and paste the backed up downloads folder into the folder? Its not that the CC is disapearing, its just not showing up..
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:06:16 pm »

did you re-enable cc and then exit and reload the game?  it won't show up unless you do.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
PenChris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:14:20 am »

My CC worked just fine. I put it in folder at a time, restarting the game each time and had no problems with any custom content. I'm not however as brave to try the hacks yet, so I'm playing without my poor *sniffle* risky woohoo. One of my all time favorites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: