Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:21:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Problem  (Read 2062 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Why Lie

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2007, 06:19:20 pm »

I have a new problem, i loaded sims up on my old computer (we took the other one back) and tried to save my game and it just cut on me, as in the whole computer turned off. I've not downloaded anything in a week, so i don't think its a download problem as it only started yesterday. i tried the deleting the groups.cache & accessories.cache files and it didn't work... lets just say I'm now ready to hurt the next thing to annoy me... any more idea's?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:08:43 pm »

Did you use to play Sims 2 on that computer, does it have the minimum requirements for the latest ep you have install?
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:19:45 pm »

have you tried testign for viruses, are defrag, maybe trying to clean up disk space.. I don't know just suggestions.

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:25:47 am »

It sounds like a power supply issue; that is, the power supply in your computer is not able to deliver the juice needed when you load something as processor- and graphic-intensive as TS2.

Another possible cause is if you've replaced the graphics card in that computer.  Many cards these days require a separate connection to the power supply (they have a 4-pin Molex connector, just like the kind you see on hard drives).  Forgetting to make this connection could cause this problem (although usually, forgetting to make this connection causes the computer to fail POST and it never boots up to begin with).
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 03:21:03 am »

I have had s similar problem with mine, the game works fine and then for no reason the computer shuts down, it is not all the time just every now and then - and my computer is only alittle over three months old. I had a games computer build by a friend who knows what he is doing - he said it may be a problem within the game - it has only started to happen since instaling the last stuff pack.
JayAngel
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 04:04:17 am »

Do you have Alcohol installed on your computer?  That'll do it :Huh?:

VISIT ME HERE AT INSIMENATOR: JAY'S HOME FOR FALLEN ANGELS
OR HERE AT MY SITE: AFTER MIDNIGHT SIMS 2
Whether angels or devils pursue me
In the dark I cannot tell...

Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 05:42:37 am »

@Missdoh ~ I've always played sims on this computer and its usually always played fine.  just with a bit of lag, so it does have the minimum requirements to run it.

@JayAngel ~ Alcohol was installed at one point, but since then it's not been on the computer at all, cause i have my partner sort it out every other month, just incase something goes wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: