Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:07:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mice and cages  (Read 25039 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
huffy15

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:28:23 pm »

This is my first object ive ever made so its not perfect, i wanted pet mice and since pierreandreply4 was requesting it and noone was responding, i glanced over teh vase makng tutorial and used Killny's pet making tutorial on modts2, and made this based off the womrat cage. it doesn not replace the womrats, and i learned how to make recolors at the same time so i could add all three cage colors and all 5 of the womrat colors. i edited the womrat .pngs when i did the mouse recolors a little so the noses wouldnt appear on the middle of the mouses head rofl. and i made a dark brown mouse so ther are a toal of 6 mice colors and the 3 default cage colors. There are a few issues i dont know hw to do anything about since this is my first experience ever with dealing with vertices and joints and meshing, so the legs bend funny when it is picked up, and the ears get animated a little bizzare when it runs on teh wheel, but since its such a tiny creature its not that big of a deal to me since im not going to be sitting there zooomed in watching it run around for hours and when your not zoomed in it loks ok usually. if someone knows how to fix that stuff and wants to after seeing it in acton, that would be cool.

edit: here is teh link to the thread that has more pictures of it. scroll all the way down to the bottom of the first page and ignore the first set since they were my very first attempt ever/rough draft results. http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=63589

edit: the tutorial i used was klinny's not killnys, as i misspelled above before it was pointed out to me.

* snapshot_d3fed4e9_34718604.jpg (28.46 KB, 400x300 - viewed 20214 times.)

* snapshot_d3fed4e9_94718620.jpg (27.24 KB, 400x300 - viewed 4346 times.)

* snapshot_d3fed4e9_b47185ae.jpg (28.99 KB, 400x300 - viewed 4136 times.)
* mice.rar (896.78 KB - downloaded 1945 times.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:51:12 am by huffy15 » Logged

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:01:08 pm »

tank you very much

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:37:48 pm »

Great job on this, I'll try it out Smiley

No requests please
kim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:54 pm »

Nice Job

SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:50:05 pm »

Very Nifty!

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
caseycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 04:27:44 pm »

Hi,

I am so VERY glad you made some mice.   I wish EA had decided to call the womrats by their proper name "Hamsters"  But these are very cute and they're going straight into all my sims families right away.  Thank you sooooo much.
trash_

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 07:11:40 pm »

those are incredible!! i love them! now i wish i hadnt uninstall pets, i love mice, i bought 2 once and i ended up with 20... sexing mice is really difficult.
matze

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 12:06:17 am »

Lol, I love these little mices. Thank you very much!

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 12:26:22 am »

Wow for your first items you did a super job!  The reason the mouse would move strange is because your joint positions are a little off and some of your vertexes are not assigned to the right body parts, but all in all you really did a great job.  I'm really impressed that you did so well and learned so many things.

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 02:07:54 am »

thanks guys. rebecah if you know how to fix the vertexes and joints and want to do it i can send you the milkshape files and stuff, cus if the joints could be fixed thatd be awesome since i coulndt get it to work and it feels sloppy to have released it like that, i just couldnt get it right cus it was kind of advanced since my first object was supposed to deal with animations too and assigning joints was totally unfamiliar. so i definitely give permission to you or someone else that has more experience than me to improve the mouse so that the ears and legs look right when it moves around, as long as noone tries to claim that they completely built it from scratch on some other site, since im somewhat proud of myself for this first object since i am only mediocre at computer stuff, haha. but if someone wants to fixer upper it here and share the credit, by all means do!

huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21:32 am »

Quote from: trash_;1068343
those are incredible!! i love them! now i wish i hadnt uninstall pets, i love mice, i bought 2 once and i ended up with 20... sexing mice is really difficult.

haha, i know what you mean, when i got my first three female mice, one of them turned out to be a boy with stunted growth, nothing dropped til he was 4 months old and the 2 real girls he lived with suddenly both got pregnant. it was nuts cus i ended up with 2 litters and all the males had to live seperately since even brothers fight bad when they mature. I ended up being able to house the father, who was smaller than even the females with one of his very mellow sons for their whole lifespans, and all teh females together, but i had to get 6 more cages for the rest of teh males after finding a few of them homes, and man do the males reek! they were all really friendly though, out of about 40 mice that ive had since i was 10, ive only been bitten twice EVER in 15 years, once when i was seperating fighting males, IN a pet store, rescuing Tim, since another one of the males bit me hard as i grabbed Tim out, but those pet store mice werent tame at all. Tim took a long time to trust me, probably due to the fact he was wounded and unhandled. The only time one of mine bit me was when she had just given birth and i was checking the pinkies bellies for milk and apparently she didnt like that. Other than that ive found mice to be much smarter and more affectionate than hamsters.

Happenstance

Love = Adam Ant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 05:38:52 am »

Haha!
So cool!
Great job!

//H

amc462000
Site Santa!