Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:41:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overrides Game Behavior  (Read 2023 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sydnee
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:00:20 pm »

When I extracted the inteenimeter files into my downloads folder an started the game..the custom content window came up and said that it overrides behavior is this bad or what ?

Note : I download the nightlife version
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 03:50:26 pm »

It's not neccessarily bad, just a fact.  If things start going wrong, those are the first hacks you'll want to take out (to make sure it's not them that's doing it.)

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:27:44 am »

That's what mods/hacks do - they alter the game Maxis made. I think the warning is especially useful if you see things there that you DIDN'T personally install (meaning they hitched a ride in a lot you installed).

I think a big problem when people starting using the exchange to share lots, they didn't know that hacks got packaged along with the rest of the lot detail so when people installed the downloaded lot, they were installing a hack they didn't know existed in the file.

It's a good idea to look thru the mod list when you start the game and look for anything you weren't expecting to be there.
SexyIrishBeauty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:34:41 am »

does anyone know where i can find Inteenimeter? i tried finding it on my own..but the last version i got, it made my game all whacky to the point my sims couldn't woohoo in bed.. they had to do it on a hammock x.x can someone please help me? if anyone can, please PM me to let me know. thank you.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

SexyIrishBeauty, please not to be hijacking threads, in the wrong section... but anyway...

read this sticky: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=28933

and ask any questions you have over on the site linked.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: