Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:43:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My employees become customers!!  (Read 2175 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Flour

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:40:20 am »

I keep having this problem. After a period of time, my employees will suddenly become customers and will start shopping at my items. They are still listed as "employees" but the "management" option is gone so I cannot do anything to them. The other thing is that my cashier will sometimes just freeze there. He'll just stand there and do nothing and thus, many customers will just throw their shopping bags on the floor and stomp off.

Anyone know how to fix this? And has anyone had similar problems? :oogle:

"Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present that love and live in that which is omnipresent."

Will Penn, More Fruits of Solitude
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:03:06 pm »

Are you making them selectable?
Are you giving them breaks?

When employees needs reach a certain level, they will stop working until they build those needs back up.  I've never seen them shop, but I can see where that's a possibility with the hidden need for shopping.

Making them selectable, if I recall correctly, just throws the whole manager/employee relationship out the window.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:18:16 pm »

Could be a mod that is no longer compatible with the latest ep you have or a hack conflict.
Flour

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 10:44:15 pm »

I used Insimenator and made my employees and my motives be 100% static at all time :O will that affect it? and sometimes, I'll make them selectable and sometimes I'll not :O

"Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present that love and live in that which is omnipresent."

Will Penn, More Fruits of Solitude
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 10:54:25 pm »

Try not making their motives 100% and static (yeah, play them without cheats), and see if they still start shopping.  Just make sure you give them breaks when they start to go yellow, and definitely when they go red.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:58:22 am »

Making them selectable automatically break their employee status, they become normal sims when you do that so it is no wonder they start shopping even if you make them unselectable afterword.
gypsy_gies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:13:57 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;1068699
Making them selectable automatically break their employee status, they become normal sims when you do that so it is no wonder they start shopping even if you make them unselectable afterword.

Has anyone discovered/does anyone know what the name of the file is for the hack that allows you to make sims selectable? I've been trying for hours and hours to find it and I cannot. OFB is unplayable as is - my sims can't run a business if they can't manage it at all. But I cannot find the file name of the hack so I can disable it.

Anyone ? I have already disabled the Insimenator. That does not do it alone.

Thanks!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 11:20:40 pm »

Just install the insim and the option will be there.

You can also have the testing cheat at on and right click on any sim to have the option appear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: