Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:28:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: infant behave like toddler  (Read 5176 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:37:10 pm »

I was wondering if anyone might help me with something. I'm currently writing a sims-story, but now I need an infant to behave like a toddler (like learning him to walk/talk, and such).
I've seen pics of this (or similar), and I know how to make lets say a toddler behave a child or an adult behave a toddler - but I have never managed to do anything like this with an infant.
I hope someone might help me with this.

(I don't know if this is the right place to put this question, but its late, and I'm tired Sad)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:07:26 pm »

how did you you get a child to act like a toddler ect.?

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
mandababy2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 02:50:03 pm »

If I'm not mistaken you do it with SimPE, by just checking the box that says infant, toddler, child, ect. It should be checked as infant, if you check it to toddler when you go in the baby should act as a toddler, but look like a baby.

I'm pretty sure I did this with SimPE to make a toddler act like a child and make them go to 'preschool'. It was cute, but since they aren't really the right height for such things, they kinda float off the ground when they walk, and their arms kinda look weird. If you don't mind that though, then awesome lol.

I am pretty sure you use SimPE though. This was way back when I did it to the toddler, SimPE might of changed/updated now, but if not that's how you do it. There could be other ways, but this is how I did it.

9 Words.. "My life is over now yours can go on.."
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 02:23:34 pm »

That is how you do it Smiley Did that once by accident when trying to age down adults to tots, was quite disturbing seeing grown-ups sat on the floor like that :laughing:

No requests please
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 02:29:13 pm »

I once had a strange hack no idea where I got it that makes babies and toddlers get out of their cribs.  That might be usefull for your story.  Maybe someone will remember this hack.
It was strange looking the infants would just climb out of their cribs and it looked like they were walking.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 07:48:30 pm »

you don't need simpe for the others, but maybe for infants, though. they are the only ones I don't know how to do it with.

an example for the others (it's been a while since the last time I did it) you make a child to a toddler, and then delete the sim with the Insim machine. then you make them come back with the summoner, and then you've got a child-behaving toddler.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:52:30 am »

I don't think it is possible with infant to do this since by default they are not even selectable and have no menu options.
Recoradyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:46 am »

I am really late to this thread, but I was wandering through and saw it and since this has been on my mind lately as well I thought I would post about it.

I know for certain that infants can be made to act like toddlers using simpe because I have personally done so in the past. They look a little silly in some of the animations but can be quite cute with the others. I just wish they had more facial expressions!!

My problem lately is I don't want to have to change my sims in simpe it use those toddler animations with infants and wish despretly for some sort of poser hack for infants that would utilize toddler poses and animations. I was also thinking that a poser hack that utilizes infant poses such as being played with and talked to and so forth would be nice to have as well.

I get so tired of seeing my infants just lay around all of the time. Infants in RL are WAY more animated!! Cheesy
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 12:05:52 pm »

Aaa~men!!!  :smile bi:

I hope this is definitely possible someday.  EA made babies seem more useless and boring by not giving them good enough expressions.  I mean, c'mon, the crying expression is so dull it sucks.  Only when the baby cries while they're being held is where you'd find an acceptable facial expression for that action.  And the squirming loop could've used a few more animations to it.  Babies also suck their thumbs, kick their legs, stretch, actually YAWN (:evil:), and make more funny expressions, too.  :?  We may not be able to make those animations ourselves, but if it were possible to enable a posing box to use random toddler interactions, that would make up some for what the babies don't have.  :angel:

I should stop before I go full out into rant mode.  :lol:  I need to finish my last two pics for my contest round entry... that is, if my game will so willingly cooperate with me next time it loads.  :roll:

jojocreations19
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »

Sims 2 for dummies pleazzzz....laughs

What is simpe?Huh??   thank you so much please email me
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:01:08 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 11:45:34 pm »

^ Huh?

SimPE is a programme to modify the game/recolor furniture and such (very, very simply put).

and I won't e-mail you just to say that.

My site:

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »

If you want info on simpe, just go to their sites Here.

There are tutorials over on that site explaining what you can do with it.
Meeou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

well here a way to do without simpe all you need is moveobjects cheat and insimenator  You need a child acting like toddler ? So  make a toddler sim then with time cntroling device gow him up to a child then ctrl shift c moveobjects on. Now in buy mode you can take your sim like any other object, take him (or her) and delete. Now go to the town screen DOn'T FORGET TO SAVE CHANGES!!! No just go back to the family et Voila! crible crable bums your sim is back but now he is child but acts like todller. One big problem when walking he is flying  but if it dosent  matters here you are the way to do it whisout any external program.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 07:41:40 pm »

well, I do know about that method, Meeou (I actually posted a lengthy explanation in one of my story threads, since so many people asked me how I did some of the pictures...). But it's not possible to use the insimenator way with the infants - only from toddler and up. That's why I asked in the first place.

I guess the only method is with SimPe. Not tried it yet, though.

My site:

wanda1000

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 08:38:41 pm »

I once took an adult sim, social worker, made her an infant. I think it was using the tombstone of L&D. The social worker was opening her car door, carrying out the adopted toddler from the rear seat and all the while being an infant. She even drove away as an infant. But, she floated.

Maybe it was the agesimcheat that did it. But again, the sim infant will float to reach the new height for actions. Even animation done with toddlers to use items that are geared for children and up, the toddler floats. This floating happens for the best of animators that I've seen.

If all else fails, you can pm one of the people, who do animations with toddlers, to find out if there is another way which doesn't cause the floating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: