Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:46:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom skins, genetics, and accesories Disappeared with Univ  (Read 5209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 10:01:50 am »

Try deleting your groups cache from the documents/ea games/sims 2 folder. Areyou positive you haven't disabled custom content?
mytpen48

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 11:25:35 am »

IF you mean the gears, it is enabled. I will try emptying the cache and see what happens.

simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:05 am »

Im having the same problem. My genetics, clothes and accesories dont work but my household objects do, It changed last week, everything was fine.
I have checked the name of my Downloads folder, it is spealt correctly, I have taken everythin out of my downloads folder, and bit by bit have out it back in, I have turned custom content off, and put it back on and keep restarting the game, I have done the whole of the MTS2 Wiki Article, I did it all word for word, and nothing has happened, I have taken everything out and uninstalled my whole game, then reinstalled and put it back in. I have done what CaitiemBailey told us to do, that didnt work, I have gotten rid of all hacks except Insimenator, I have got all meshes, I have deleted all subfolders, I have e-mailed Eagames: No response, I have asked many people...and im pulling my hair out!!...I mean no offence, but who would like to be stuck with the Maxis hair and make-up??...and goggles for accesories??!!!...I even have sims from before all this, and she still has custom content make-up, hair and clothes, I have checked for bugs, I have done the disk Degragmentor....I only have 715 downloads, I have Vista, I have enough memory and cards....PLEASE somebody tell me what to do.
This isnt the first time I have played the sims 2, Ive had it since Sims 2 forst came out, and I have never had any problems with it, until I got my new laptop for crimbo, and it was a.ok....but for some reason, I go onto the game to make a new family, and nothing is on my CAS!!...Yet when I install a new sim, which I have downloaded properly, with the expansion packs...she doesnt appear!!....Why does this have to happen??...a week is enough, I spend all my time trying to figure this out, searching the web....please help me!!!!

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 12:24:11 pm »

Did you try to simply delete your groups.cache, cigen.package and accessory.package files?  You only have a cigen.package if you ever start Bodyshop and an accessory.package if you have the BV ep.
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 05:25:04 pm »

Hi, yeh I have deleted them and nothing happened, sorry about posting about it too much.

*EDIT*
My dad phoned up Microsoft, and I had a problem with my laptop that was causing some of my CC not to work. So thankfully it is ok now!!...But thankyou for your time, and again sorry!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:23:18 pm by simcat06 » Logged

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: