Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:16:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: External questions/compatibility?  (Read 1215 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:19:14 am »

Good morning, and Merry Christmas! ^^ I'm sorry, firstly, if this is in the wrong area.  I wasn't sure where else to put my question.  I got an external hardrive for Christmas and I was curious to know if it's possible to use it to hold the downloads folder.  I mean, I know it's possible to put my downloads on the external, I just don't know how to set the game so that it reads that the downloads are on the other hardrive, instead of the computer hardrive.  Does that make sense?  Instead of C:/Documents and Settings/Downloads, I want it to be E:/The Sims 2/Downloads.  How do I do it?

Thank you!  And Merry Christmas, again! Cheesy
Khayman71

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:43:46 pm »

There's a FAQ on MTS which deals with changing the location of your downloads folder. However it involves moving your whole My Documents folder onto the new drive. I'm guessing that's because you can't just move the downloads folder alone - although that's just a guess!

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Change_Location_of_Downloads_Folder

Oh and Merry Christmas to you too :reindeer:
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:45 pm »

Oh, thank you so much, Khay! That's exactly what I was looking for. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: