Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:58:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Game won't work on new MacBook  (Read 4622 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
candiwax

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2007, 08:57:38 pm »

So, i just got new macbook. really excited because it is faster and has more memory than previous computer. However, when i attempted to load my sims 2 game (which installed no problem) a message keeps coming up saying " The Sims 2 reccomends a PowerPC processor running at 500MHz or faster". It goes on to say that my computer does not meet the recommendations and that game play will suffer. I then click the "OK" button on the pop-up and another comes up telling me to re-install the sims 2. i have tried re-installing, restarting my comp., and i have 2GHz left on my computer. I'm really stressed and would appreciate some help very very much!!!

thanks,
candiwax

:tongue8:

Check out candiwax's self-sim here
candiwax

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 05:24:56 pm »

please. i would really appreciate some help. i am only re0posting because no one has replied in several days.

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 12:05:50 pm »

I don't understand this, my fiancè runs the sims on a macbook and has no problems. The macbooks are intel-based, the earlier laptops used a power-pc prossessor, but since my fiancè is using an intel-based macbook and it works I have no idea why it doesn't on yours.

I would suggest sending emails/calling both aspyr and the place you bought your macbook.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
candiwax

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:27:53 pm »

kay, i'll try that.

nothing else has worked so far Sad

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:00:02 pm »

clatoo13 Where did u get that 1.0 Rev C patch? Also Which folder did u drag and drop the Sims 2 with the extension packs, body shop tsdata ect. or the folder that is ea games? I am having problems getting my game to play on my new intel imac most cc i downloaded wont show up. thanks
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:32 pm »

Aspyr used to say to say install on your HD in a games folder, now if you have Leopard I believe you are to install into your Applications folder.  

If you just drag they may not work.  You might need to reinstall.

I vaguely remember a rev c patch....but that's old.  I have rev d saved on my external from around april 2006.  But the new combo patch should work.

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:31 am »

Thank-you. I was a bit confused on the install. I read that cep program has to be installed on the aplications folder to work. So thanks for the help. Vikki
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:14:32 pm »

Your welcome.  I think Numenor has updated the install directions for Leopard.

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 03:56:36 pm »

Wait, so in leopard, the game is to be installed in the applications-folder, not on the macintosh HD?

Ach, good thing I haven't been able to get to my old CC yet (my powerbook is currently into service for harddisk recovery, since it died on me, and I just got a brand new macbook pro).

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:27:45 am »

Yes Mi-chii, I think you don't have a choice anymore.  I thought I had read Apple made it that way.

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 04:44:20 am »

Great, because when I tried to drop it into the applications-folder, it didn't work...

I got the same message as candiwax when I opened BS, but I have tried running the game and it worked... Hmmm. I'll have to uninstall and try again, then.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: