Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:32:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken  (Read 5804 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:57:58 pm »

I'm writing this story with my friend Baby_Cat.  The updates will usually alternate between us.  I guess we'll get to see who's a better writer. Wink  Jk.
Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

He pulled her close and cupped her chin in his hand.  Their eyes met and they held for what seemed like eternity.  In a husky voice he whispered to her, "Jane, I have to tell you...Who would wear that shirt with those jeans?!
Georgie looked up from her book, irritated.  

A group of girls were gabbing loudly as the walked up the stairs.  Georgie shut the book and shoved it into her expensive purse.  As she did so, she pulled out a nail file and began to buff her nails.  When the group of gossiping girls made their way into the common room of the dorm, Georgie looked glamorous with her legs primly crossed and the look of deep concentration across her brow, without actually wrinkling it of course.  Her lips were pursed very slightly, completing the look.  
"Georgie!" the girls screamed in unison.  They all crowded around her on the sofa.  "Did you see Jenna?  I mean, honestly!  Did she really think she could pull of that top with those skinny-legged jeans?" a girl with dry blonde hair gossiped.  
"And Anna!  I mean, really!  That eyeshadow looked so ugly!" another chattered in Georgie's ear.  Georgie plastered on a big fake grin, nodding at every other word.  Did they have to do that every day?  
Georgie was only half way through her freshman year and she was already one of the most popular girls at SC University.  Georgie didn't even understand why all these girls followed her.  She wasn't ever popular in high school, nothing had changed about her personality or her look.  People at the university were just drawn to her she supposed.  No matter how it had started, she wanted it to stop.  Georgie never was outgoing, and she valued her solitude.  How could she ever value it if she was never left alone?  The guys were a bit much too.  She had no intention of dating for awhile, her grades were sinking as it was.  She was asked out about five times a day.  Guys all ages asked her out it seemed.  Well, the oldest guys were seniors at the university of course.  She might kill herself if she got attention from anyone older than that.  
"Hm.  Guys, that reminds me.  I have to go," Georgie suddenly said, grabbing her purse as fast as she could.  
"Where?" a girl with frizzy red hair asked.  
"Yeah, where?" the rest parroted.  Georgie cursed the girl with the frizzy red hair in her head.  She thought her name was Hannah...or Jana...Or something like that.  
"I have to...er...pick out my outfit for tomorrow," she lied.  She pinched her hand.  That was the worst lie she had ever told.  Who would believe it?
To her surprise others nodded.  "Me too," some piped up.  
"Then..." Georgie was quick to add, "I have a ton of work to do for my classes."  She rolled her eyes to the girls.  Really, though, she would kill for more homework to do if it meant she could get away from them.  
She left them all talking in the common room and headed to her dorm room as fast as her heels would take her.  She was definitely wearing sneakers more often.  
"Hey, Georgie, wait up!" she heard someone call to her.  
I could keep going, she considered.  I could just keep going like I never heard her.  She stayed put though.  A skinny girl with her hair pulled back and wearing ridiculously large heels jogged up to her.  Georgie gave a real smile this time.  That was Cindy.  She could handle Cindy, the self conscious girl who was striving for popularity.  
"What do you think of my new dress?" Cindy asked.  Georgie examined it.  She wasn't fond of the color, but it worked all right for Cindy, and were those babies on it?  
"I love it," she fibbed.  

If the other girls knew she liked Cindy's dress, then they would like it, which would make Cindy feel better.  "Hm...Maybe you should stick to flats, though," Georgie instructed, gesturing to her heels.  Cindy nodded, taking in all the details.
"I will, I will," she said determinately.  Georgie walked away while Cindy took off her heels and went barefoot down the hall.
Georgie could see her room's door.  It was so close...
"Georgie!  It's so good I found you!" another girl said.  Georgie didn't know this one's name.  "I really need your help with my homework!"
"Ok, when can I help you with your biology homework?" she asked, remembering helping this girl before.
"Woah," the girl said, staring at Georgie in disbelief.  "How did you know I'm in biology?"  
"I guess I'm psychic," Georgie replied sarcastically.  The girl started cracking up, and Georgie giggled a little, suddenly uncomfortable.  

"Ok...I'll meet you later," she told the still laughing girl.  
That time Georgie blitzed to her room.  She whipped the door open, and then slammed it shut, locking it afterwards.  She sighed, relaxing.  She dropped her purse next to her desk and sat down.  
That morning, she had asked her teacher about extra credit to boost her grade before the end of the semester.  He gave her the simple assignment of being a pen pal.  He handed her an email address and told her to be able to come back in two weeks with a packet of her emails just to prove she had reached out to someone.  After she was assured he wouldn't read them, she took the email address.  
Georgie sat down at her laptop and started to type.  

To: Girlnextdoor@sim.net
Topic: Hey

Hey!  I guess I'm your new pen pal.  I'm doing this for extra credit in psychology.  I'm halfway through my freshman year and I'm no 4.0 GPA, but I'm actually doing all right.  I really like to read, but I'm not so good at writing. Maybe you can tell. Lol.  I guess I just can't think of any good ideas for a story...  Anyway, I'm not interesting.  What's your name?  What year of college are you in?  Are you in college?  What's your major?  Do you like to read?  
Er...Kay...Guess I'll talk to you later.  If you want to reply, anyway.  
Kay, Bye!
Georgie

Georgie's fingers hovered above the keyboard.  It was nice enough, but something was off.  She started to backspace her name.  E, i, g, r, o, e...
She left the G as it was and clicked send.  There.  It was done.  She leaned back in her chair and stared at the computer screen, enjoying the peacefulness.
Bang, bang, bang!  "Georgie!  Georgie, open up!"  
She sighed.  The peacefulness was very short lived.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------    
Hey, hoped you liked it!  Write lots of comments! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 12:38:58 pm by Medagic » Logged

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:41:24 am »

Me likes. It's a good story idea! ^^
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:55:49 am »

Good story and nice pics:)

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:17:53 am »

Thanx, guys!   Baby_Cat needs to post the second part, but she has to go back to school before me, and she's been rather busy lately.  She'll get it up soon.
Medagic

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 11:37:41 am »

Very cute and clever.  A neat idea for a story.  I look forward to reading the next part.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:49:03 pm »

Errr, it might take a while to get the next post up guys so your gonna have to hold on. Sad you see, my sims isn't loading properly-my computer has so little memory space left so (sims being the thing that's taking up the most space) that everything is messed up...it's definitly not looking good at the moment...more like i need to get a new computer with a bigger memory. Sad

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »

Hey!!!  Guess what everyone???  Name change time!!  Hurrah hurrah!  (I am sorry Baby_Cat, if you have a problem, pm me.)
From ~Pen Pal it goes to....  Broken!  Smiley Smiley  
Medagic

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 12:47:44 pm »

I really need to stop finding good stories, they're too good a reason to not do my own homework >_< I can relate to her though, that'd drive me mad too :laughing:

No requests please
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 03:49:35 pm »

Homework? *shifty eyes*
lilroselou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:37:07 pm »

nice story liking it your a really good writer

*PLEASE VISIT MY STORIES, A PIECE OF LIFE A ROMMY DRAMA/THRILLER ABOUT A COUPLE WHO CANT HAVE A BABY AND MEET A YOUNG PREGNANT STRANGER...

AND [COLOR=mediumturquoise] ASHWELL BROOKS A MEDICAL DRAMA ABOUT THE NURSES AND PATIENTS OF ASHWELL BROOKS MEDICAL CENTER*[/COLOR]
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:56:50 am »

this looks really good so far... hoping for updates Cheesy

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:47:05 pm »

luv it luv it luv it :]
i remember in elementry how the teachers would give you mandatory pen pals...i even remember meeting one once...but its not like the friendship lasted :/

hope your problems are solved soon baby_cat! i can tell this is going to be quite interesting Cheesy

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 02:30:38 pm »

i have a penpal iv only sent them one letter though that was last year and they havent replyed yet so dont even know thier name Sad

anyway good story

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: