Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:09:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its this meant to happen when I play  (Read 3160 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:47:53 am »

I downloaded a few things for sims2 a long time ago and one of the mods/hacks/whatever has changed my gameplay.

I used to be able to have much more interactions then what i do now (eg Flirt=>Wolf Whistle) but they have gone away. I can still do a few interactions but about 40% of them have dissappeared (one of my favourites being to Hang Out).
I now, instead, have the options of Spawn=>Memory manager (thats all it says when I click spawn and nothing else).

Is there a way to fix this so my sims can go back to doing more interactions? Has this happened to anyone else?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:24:47 am »

The simplest solution:  Take out the most recent hack(s) that you've installed since the issue started happening.  Wink

(...and from my experience, certain flirt interactions disappear when the relationship between two sims reaches a certain point... which I wish it didn't.  Screwy EA coding.  :?)

kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:09:40 am »

Quote from: StupidFriday;1102705
I downloaded a few things for sims2 a long time ago and one of the mods/hacks/whatever has changed my gameplay.

I used to be able to have much more interactions then what i do now (eg Flirt=>Wolf Whistle) but they have gone away. I can still do a few interactions but about 40% of them have dissappeared (one of my favourites being to Hang Out).
I now, instead, have the options of Spawn=>Memory manager (thats all it says when I click spawn and nothing else).

Is there a way to fix this so my sims can go back to doing more interactions? Has this happened to anyone else?

It sounds like since that time you have installed new expansion packs. Hacks  usually need to be updated whit each new expansion.

StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:14:07 pm »

I found out the hack I installed was Squinges pregnant sims wear normal clothes, or something along those lines. That is a hack I dont want to get rid of. Is there a similar hack for my latest expansion so that I dont lose the effect but also so my gameplay goes back to normal?
Does the inteen come with that hack?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »

Squinge has retired from the sims 2 community and so his hacks haven't been updated for the most recents eps. This means none of them are compatible with the later eps and you run the risk of borking your game if you keep them in.

You can use "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and spawn Tom's clothing tester, or you can use the Insimenator to do the exact same thing. The only thing is, your sims will revert to default clothes after they have a shower, so you'll need to repeat the process, which doesn't bother me as much as the risk of losing my game by keeping incompatible cheats in does. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
nattysims

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:46 pm »

hi, i have a similar problem and have lost nearly all interactions when sitting at a table as well as take picture and scope room when you click on the sim.
i removed all my downloads and the problem went away.  But i have soooo many things in my download folder its just a nightmare picking the offending item.  I removed my xxxxsims sex hacks and that has restored some but not all.

An eye for an eye will make the world blind - Gandhi
:saber: NattySims - download addict
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:34:32 am »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1109160
Squinge has retired from the sims 2 community and so his hacks haven't been updated for the most recents eps. This means none of them are compatible with the later eps and you run the risk of borking your game if you keep them in.

You can use "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and spawn Tom's clothing tester, or you can use the Insimenator to do the exact same thing. The only thing is, your sims will revert to default clothes after they have a shower, so you'll need to repeat the process, which doesn't bother me as much as the risk of losing my game by keeping incompatible cheats in does. Smiley

Thank you for saving my games life!!!! BUT im still not sure, are you saying that the insimenator can allow my pregnant sims to wear normal clothes?

stsarina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 05:25:11 am »

Yes, just spawn the 'wardrobe adjuster' and with your pregnant sim selected, click on 'change to everyday'. Provided the outfit she has planned for everyday has a pregnant morph, it will appear.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:28:56 pm »

Quote from: nattysims;1109273
hi, i have a similar problem and have lost nearly all interactions when sitting at a table as well as take picture and scope room when you click on the sim.
i removed all my downloads and the problem went away.  But i have soooo many things in my download folder its just a nightmare picking the offending item.  I removed my xxxxsims sex hacks and that has restored some but not all.

There's a few things you can do. First, make sure all of your hacks and mods are updated to work with the latest ep you have. You can also download and run the Hack Conflict Utility (click on Sims 2>Programs and it's the second one on the page). Bear in mind, that it deosn't necessarily tell you which hacks are conflicting as much as it tells you the ones that have the potential to conflict. Failing that, you'll have to go about the long way.

The easiest way to do it is split your downloads in half and put them in one group at a time. One group should allow your game to run fine, the other should make it go all wonky. Take the wonky half and divide it in half again and repeat the process until you have found the file(s) messing up your game.

What I do, and I suggest other people do this as well, is keep all of my hack/mods in a subfolder in my Downloads file. That way, if I ever have a problem with one of them, I just have to pull that file out and have a smaller number of files to test.

Also it bears mentioning that it's possible to download a mod or hack without your knowledge, especially if you're in the habit of downloading houses. Sometimes one can be unintentionally package with a house, which is why it's always a good idea to install houses with clean installer so you don't get any surprises.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 09:18:57 pm »

Can you also download a bad hack through downloading objects?

StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:00 am »

I also tried removing everything from my downloads folder and there are still problems. I maybe need more advice?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: