Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:15:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non matching genetics: is there a mod?  (Read 2151 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SugaFairy

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:13:25 pm »

I'm not very familiar with mods for the sims so maybe someone could help me on that:
I very often experience townies looking so unrealistic and irritating when having dark skin and blond or red hair. Also blue eyes are annoying with dark skin. Whenever I want a sim to find a dark-skinned (or black or however you wanna call it) townie as a partner I have a hard time finding someone with black/brown hair and brown eyes. A african face-structure is nearly impossible, it's always caucasian. Don't get me wrong, in reality every genetical combination is beautiful in it's own way, but african(-american) people with blond (non dyed) hair is just not realistic and sooo annoying to me.

Now my question to you all: Is there any mod that can somehow connect certain genetical aspects when the game generates sims on it's own?
If someone knows, please let me know! Thanks Smiley :worship:

p.s. please be patient with my english as it's not my first language Wink
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:05 am »

I have not heard of any type of mod such as this, and it honstly seems like it would be hard to do! I'm not sure if it is possible for a face template to be linked to a skintone or hair color (although if it was, that would be a very cool mod to have!)

My suggestion to you would be this- download a program such as SimPE, and you can change the genetics manually. For instance, I was very frustrated with all of these blonde hair blue-eyed locals of the far east, so I performed plastic surgery on them and then used simpe to make the plastic surger into their permanent DNA. Although I have not tried it yet, you should also be able to change the DNA strands from one type to another. I will do a bit of research on this and see what I can do.. (I also do not recommend making any changes in SimPE without having a backup to restore to incase of mistakes!)
SugaFairy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:02:13 pm »

thanks for this very helpful answer!
do you or anyone else know a tutorial for changing the dna with simpe (wich I have but not really know how to use it)? That would be really fine!
SugaFairy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:15:26 pm »

okay already found one here http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=18184
if someone wants to know too.
Again thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: