Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:34:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help  (Read 1499 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AngeLofDeath
« on: January 03, 2008, 06:07:47 pm »

hello im not quite sure as to where the general sims2 help is but i cant find my Downloads folder for my sims.. any help would be greatly appreciated

thx
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »

It should be located under C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.  

If not, then you can either choose to create one on your own in the above location by creating a new folder* and spelling it correctly as Downloads (bolded letters are the two common issues that can cause some content not to show up in game... they must be as shown:  "capital D at the beginning, lowercase s at the end"), or you can open up Bodyshop and have it create the Downloads folder for you.  :angel:

(*note this is an "iffy" method... it works sometimes for different people, but not all of the time.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:31:51 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:33:45 pm »

you can also go to the sims 2 site itself and download something from there that also puts a downloads folder up too
gali

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:59:57 am »

The Downloads folder doesn't appear, even if you had it, after installing a new EP. You have to save on your desktop, or in any safe place the following folders, before you install an EP:
1) Downloads
2) Saved Sims
3) Collections (if you have downloaded collections)
4) Packaged Lots
5) Your playable hood (just to be on the safe side).

The install deletes these folders: Downloads, Saved Sims, Packaged lots - and shows the Collections file only with default content.

After the install, you have to paste again all the four folders, and allow Custom Content, when enterring the game. (Check the upper rectangle).
Then exit the game, and enter again. You will find all your downloads folder CC again (unless you didn't save it before - then you have lost all your custom content).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: