Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:32:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help with a few problems I am Having?  (Read 2554 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:37:58 pm »

I seem to be having some weird problems here. For some reason my sims can't fall in love with a romantic kiss. But they fall in love with a woohoo. They then can get engaged but they can't get married. If I click on propose they just get engaged again. Another problem is there is no text in the box when I am buying a vacation home, and yet another is I cannot delete eyes, makeup, glasses, etc. Has anyone else run into this? I have the Insim & Inteen updated for Bon Voyage and the only thing I downloaded today was a couple homes and modular stairs which I did have to install in the EA scripts section of the C drive. I have taken my other hacks out and am still having problems.

I also have another question: I recently had to reinstall my Sims 2 game and all expansions. I have all except OFB and no stuff paks. Do you think the patch for Bon Voyage would help and if so, should I patch all my expansions or just Bon Voyage?

Thanks
Ldyvamp:blob6:
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:32:42 am »

About your first question: one of your sims is attracted more to his own kind sims.

I had the same problem with Nervous Subject, in Strangetown. I matched him with a girl, and no matter how many "kiss - make out" I orderred, I couldn't have the option: "propose - engagement". It was very weird, as he is a family sim.

Then I checked his character with an external program (you can make it with the SimPe), and found out, that his attraction to women is -10, and to men - 0. Only when I changed the attraction to +10 for women - I got the option to propose.

wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 10:20:52 am »

BV has messed with what you can delete in your game; a lot (but not all) of the CAS menu items (clothes, accessories, etc) can't be trashed when building a sim, but can be deleted in body shop.  Go figure that one!
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 10:29:54 am »

Quote from: Ldyvamp;1086314
I seem to be having some weird problems here. For some reason my sims can't fall in love with a romantic kiss. But they fall in love with a woohoo. They then can get engaged but they can't get married. If I click on propose they just get engaged again.

Do you by any chance have one of the love mods from MATY? I think there is one called the Romance Mod and another called No Instant Love. The first one makes love make more sense, where sims won't fall in love with sims who they don't have an actual attraction to. The second one makes it harder for sims to fall in love (I'm not sure how..) so that random kisses won't trigger love. If you have either of those 2, it could be causing the problem.

Quote from: Ldyvamp;1086314

I also have another question: I recently had to reinstall my Sims 2 game and all expansions. I have all except OFB and no stuff paks. Do you think the patch for Bon Voyage would help and if so, should I patch all my expansions or just Bon Voyage?

It is best to patch all EPs and SPs that you have when the official patches are available. They are intended to fix bugs, so it is possible that the BV patch will fix some of your BV problems.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:33:19 pm »

Thanks alot everyone! I fixed most of my problems. So you can only delete those items in body shop? That's weird! A question on patching just because I ran into this problem before: Do I have to unistall all expansions then patch the sims 2, install nightlife then patch it, install university then patch...etc. Or can I patch each one with all expansion already installed? Now, that I have everything running pretty much up to snuff I don't want to mess anything up again. You know how picky these game are! lol Smiley

Ldyvamp
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:02 am »

I don't think you have to uninstall.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
jbooger82
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:30:45 pm »

since adding the insimenator my sims can only propose sleepovers, no engagments or anything, can anybody help me with an explanation? the sims are attracted and in their wants they want to be engaged to each other, so i feel bad for em Sad
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:10:11 pm »

Have you a compatible version of the Insimenator ? But it's maybe a conflict with some other mods about love or romance. :roll: Try to use a conflict detector tool like the one (Sims 2 HCDU) on the Paladin site. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: