Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:24:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Question Regarding Backing Up Sims Info on Harddrive...  (Read 1213 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
glorified_g

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:53:01 pm »

Hi guys.

I messed up my laptop the other night and now have to send it to Best Buy to get it fixed. They're obviously going to back up all of my information, but I'm wondering how much of my Sims stuff will be able to be retained. Will I lose all of my Body Shop creations (crossing my fingers that I won't)? What about the families I recently just made?

I'm pretty sure my keyboard is all that is messed up (had a spill but can't type the main computer password because half of the keys don't work), but I don't think, even with a new USB keyboard that I would be able to access Body Shop and back up the few Sims I've recently made because I don't know the extent of the laptop's damage. For the past week or so I've been doing a major overhaul with my game...remaking my whole neighborhood. The other night I just made every family in the actual game, so it's a sucky time to lose my computer. I just want to know the chances of what I'd lose if everything were to be backed up and replaced (hopefully on the same computer, not a new one). If Body Shop is going to be empty when I get my computer back, then I want to try to get a USB keyboard and back my Body Shop files up.

Quick replies would be appreciated...I'm going to get the computer fixed in a few hours, so any immediate help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:21:09 pm by glorified_g » Logged

I make outfits for my musician Sims! Check them out! Smiley
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:20:04 pm »

The best way to know would be to ask them what is their policy, it may vary from places to places.  You can always try and request they do a back-up for you since you cannot do it yourself.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:09:56 pm »

I am going to get the computer backed up...I was just wondering if someone else has had a computer issue, had it repaired and had their harddrive-with Sims stuff on it-backed up and restored properly. I have yet to ever get a computer fixed or backed up, so I'm hoping not to lose any of the Sims I just worked over a week making.

Thanks though. Smiley

I make outfits for my musician Sims! Check them out! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: