Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:15:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Editing! PLEASE HELP  (Read 2412 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:14:42 pm »

Hi,

I've reached the end of my rope.  Normally I can figure out how things work, but not this time.  Please help me, I really don't know where else to turn.

To start out with I export the mesh from Body Shop

For this project I'm using the SimChic boyshorts mesh

I open photoshop CS2.  body~stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha.bmp is there but body~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp is blank.

I have the texture ready to go, so I paste it to the blank texture file.  Then I merge the layers together.

Then I paste the alpha file onto texture file.  According to the tutorials I have read, I should get rid of white areas

I then flatten the image and save it and go and check on things in bodyshop. It look decent, but of course the white of the alpha is still showing.

So I go back to photoshop and unflatten the image.  In the alpha layer, I delete the white parts that I do not need.

But yet when I save and check bodyshop, it is the same as before.

I'm not sure where I am going wrong.  I've tried to many different things but nothing seems to work.  I know that it is possible to edit the alpha, as I've done it accidentally before, but I can't do it again.

If someone could point me to a tutorial or just tell me the best way to edit the alpha I would be so completely grateful.  I've been working on this on and off for almost 48 hours now.  I know it's not that good, but I am just starting out.  

Sorry about the watermark on the pictures, ignore it, it is of no consequence.

Please help.  Thank you. :worship:

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:06 am »

im not sure wat you trying to adchieve here?
The mesh you have choosen to put the lingerie on is a boxermesh if im correct, you never will be able to remove those trousers by editing the alpha.

For your alpha and recol file, the answer is very simple, they have to be the same.
Open picture 7(last one) and select all the white with your wagic wand tool(tolerance set to one) and make it black.
Now copy the black to your clipboard and and open your alpha bmp file.
Past the black on the bmp and save it, done

But like i said you never will be able to remove the lower part of the pants.
You need a mesh for it with a extra layer, also called a extra alpha(nothing to do with those alpha bmp's)
I have a few alpha pants with those extra layers but i strongly recomment you stay away from those for a while Wink
Just put those texures on a nude body!!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:46:04 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:26:02 pm »

Thank you so much BlooM!  That worked out very well.  I so appreciate your help, you are a lifesaver.

:king: <=== BlooM

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:35:29 pm »

Your welcome Smiley

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: