Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:16:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange crashing problem  (Read 1784 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stargem2001luv

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:04:03 pm »

I'm having a strange problem with my game. It crashes and the messege says something about directx.This never happened before to me. Help please!

Lost in thought
Beause everyone forgot
that my
Tears are like rain
From neverending pain
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

As I mentioned in the other thread you posted in, look in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs for an error log. Alos, try updating your drivers and scanning for spyware.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Stargem2001luv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:46:58 pm »

I looked for error logs and I found two. I have no clue how to read them, so I'm happy to get help with this.

* Sims2Exception 2008.01.26 09.57.18.txt (9.77 KB - downloaded 137 times.)
* Sims2Exception 2008.02.04 01.01.22.txt (10.41 KB - downloaded 126 times.)

Lost in thought
Beause everyone forgot
that my
Tears are like rain
From neverending pain
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:51 pm »

I'm unfamiliar with the exception code from the log posted to your computer on Jan 26, but the one thing I see in common with both is your available memory is very low. The first one shows you have 32 mb free and the second shows you have 64 mb free. The exception code on your second log refers to a problem with memory (the infamous 0xC0000005 I referred to earlier in the thread).

From what I've read in trying to figure this out for you, (regarding the first log) I suspect you have dirty little spyware monsters invading your system. If you don't have Ad-Aware or Spybot, I would suggest you google for either and download them. I have Ad-Aware and use it faithfully. Then scan your computer.  Next, I would make sure your drivers are up to date and all unnecessary background tasks are closed, since it looks like you should have sufficient ram to run the game, you just have things cluttering it up. All else fails, uninstall and reinstall. As I said to Consuela, if all this doesn't work, there's a chance your ram is bad.

One question I have. Is your game from a cd or did you download it from EA? If you downloaded it, it's possible you have a corrupt download. The 0xE06D7363 exception code is an "unknown" that can happen from corrupted downloads (I think).

EDIT to add: I moved this to your own thread so as to not clutter up someone else's thread.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:45:35 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Stargem2001luv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:21 pm »

I scanned for spyware and nothing came up. I have a no cd patch, so I don't know if that can be a problem or not. Also, what are some backround tasks I  can close?

Lost in thought
Beause everyone forgot
that my
Tears are like rain
From neverending pain
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:32:35 pm »

OK...I can't help you with the no cd patch, since there are legality issues with that. My only suggestion for you at this point is to remove it. As for the background tasks, looking at the documentation that comes with the game will help you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: