Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:49:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: No Relationship Decay New Alternate Version Available(7/09/06)  (Read 40067 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
emino

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 09:01:50 am »

nah... i just want the relationship decay to become slower and the popup messages about loosing friends still there. if we let all things auto-manage by our sim, what fun would the game be?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 10:58:49 am »

Quote from: emino
May I request a version that slow the relationship decay with the popups messages?
Sure that will be easy to do, I will try to have it posted some time today Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
emino

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 11:09:26 am »

Thanks. You're the best Cheesy!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 11:29:01 am »

as requested:
I just posted another alternate version that includes the popup messages.

kasmira42

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 04:28:36 pm »

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with their sims autonomously flirting with another sim with this mod installed.  I recently added this mod to my list of hacks and the ltr has been a bit annoying with how fast it goes up, even for sims that generally dislike each other.  A sim has gotta have a few enemies sometimes.  Wink  But also a few of my sims have had autonomous flirting by sims I don't want them in love with causing them to fall in love.  ??
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 04:38:25 pm »

That is normal for sims to fall in love if their relationship is high enough and they flirt with each other.

Dopp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 12:25:11 pm »

Thank you for this great mod. Without it I would never have been able to complete the absolutely outrageous "Have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends" lifetime wants that all the Popularity Sims in my neighborhood seem to favor. However, I have encountered difficulties in using this mod (noRelWarning): my Sims cannot stop making friends.

To quote from one of your posts: "I changed the way this mod works because a couple of people were having problems with sims ltr, it now increases ltr every day and never decreases it I also raised the str/ltr boost."

The problem with my game seems to be coming from an increased lifetime relationship adjustment.This seems to have produced a nasty effect with my Sims. Any Sim whose DAILY relationship is positive with another Sim, no matter how low the score, will have its LIFETIME relationship increased to the full 100 within a few Sim hours after enabling this mod. One of my sims who had 20/10 relationship with around six other sims suddenly had 20/100 relationship with all of them. Even more bizarrely, he was best friends (two green smileys) with all of them without even being normal friends (blue smileys) first.

There were more examples of bizarre behavior. Another of my Sims had a friend who was 64/64 with him and there was no lifetime relationship change either way. This Sim also had a friend who was 53/23 with him (blue smiley) and it jumped by 20 points every few Sim hours until it was 53/100, but no best friends icon popped up (I got the two of them to interact positively with each other and then it appeared). Very strange. Relationships that were neutral or fell during the course of the day were not affected.

I am not sure if this was intended or if it is a bug. Perhaps reducing the lifetime relationship adjustment back to its original value might help?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:31:05 pm by Dopp » Logged
kasmira42

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 05:28:11 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
That is normal for sims to fall in love if their relationship is high enough and they flirt with each other.

Well, yes I realize this...  but usually it's only if you TELL them to flirt, otherwise they'll just stay good friends.  Lately my sims have been taking it apon themselves to flirt and fall in love with someone without my input.  Is this a new FFS feature or a mod I got ahold of?  Smiley
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 09:25:49 am »

They may autonomously flirt if they have the proper gender preference and are attracted to each other. I have autonomous flirting going on all the time in my game.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 02:12:11 am »

Quote from: Dopp
The problem with my game seems to be coming from an increased lifetime relationship adjustment.This seems to have produced a nasty effect with my Sims. Any Sim whose DAILY relationship is positive with another Sim, no matter how low the score, will have its LIFETIME relationship increased to the full 100 within a few Sim hours after enabling this mod. One of my sims who had 20/10 relationship with around six other sims suddenly had 20/100 relationship with all of them. Even more bizarrely, he was best friends (two green smileys) with all of them without even being normal friends (blue smileys) first.
Yeah, I came here to report the same thing and ask for a fix.  Unfortunately, looking at his profile here, Squinge seems to have left the community (hopefully only temporarily) as he hasn't made a post since 7/21/2006, over a month ago. Sad

To reiterate the problem, using the latest hack (MTS2_282759_Squinge_noRelWarningv1.1.zip), the LTR score now is being artificially boosted at an incredible rate.  I thought the point of this mod was to eliminate decay, not reverse it. :scratch:

Case in point, my Sim just met Darren (he was part of the welcoming committee) and had only a 7/2 relationship score with him.  When I had her say goodbye to everyone, she walked over to Darren and kissed him!! (see pic below)  And even disregarding the unwanted boost in LTR score, why the heck  is she kissing him goodbye??  They aren't even friends yet!

(At time unknown point of time between my having her say goodbye and her getting to him and kissing him, the relationship score jumped up to 7/43!)

Then by the next morning (probably sooner, but this was the first I noticed), the scored jumped to 7/100!

Is there no way to fix this otherwise fantastic hack so that the LTR score doesn't get artificially increased?
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 02:17:24 am »

The kissing someone (not a friend) goodbye can happen when the attraction score between them is very high.

Squinge is away temporarily. He is taking time to enjoy his summer. I'm sure he will look into this when he returns. Please be patient.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 02:23:05 am »

Quote from: Ozzucay
Squinge is away temporarily. He is taking time to enjoy his summer. I'm sure he will look into this when he returns. Please be patient.

Yeah, I just saw the Sticky about that, and I was just coming in here to edit my post. Smiley

Oh, well, I guess I'll just roll up my sleaves and try to reverse-engineer and fix his BHAV scripts myself then.

Thanks!
mmmyrs2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 01:43:42 pm »

It used to work fine, until I installed pets. Now the Lifetime is not going up anymore. Daily stays at 100 though.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 01:45:29 pm »

ok I may need to update it thanks for letting me know Smiley

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 07:23:53 pm »

Say, would it be possible for this to be causing my problem in University?  Right now I'm trying to have a Sim rush with a greek house, and while he's best friends with all of the members that are sent, he's consistently denied joining.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: