Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:56:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Securom FIX  (Read 1592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:24:50 pm »

If you have Securom issues, go here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=341

No longer active
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:23:02 am »

Thank you for the link. But I need a "translator", because seems that the game still needs Securom to run.

"Some community members who have uninstalled The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories games from their PC's have expressed concern about some files and folders relating to the SecuROM copy protection system that are not deleted along with the rest of the The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories game data. In response to this concern, Sony DADC has provided our customers with a utility that will remove these files and folders.

Instructions: Save the file to disk, double-click it, and follow the prompts. Please make sure you have your game CD's available when running the utility.

Please note that if you choose to re-install any of The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories games listed below after running a utility, the files that had been previously deleted by the utility will be re-installed on your PC. These Sims 2 and The Sims Stories will not launch without these files installed on your PC."

MissDoh?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:33:41 pm »

I pretty much got that from the beginning.  "No SecuRom = No Playable BV"... unless you do it by "less than legal" means.  :?  It still doesn't completely solve the issue of being able to play the game without those problems, since it'll automatically re-install it... but for those who really could care less about BV/Life Stories/Deluxe and more about getting their computers working again, it's a plus.  :lol:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 04:34:31 pm »

You know, I hate to burst EA's bubble... who am I kidding?! :twisted: There's been such a program around for ages, I've used it myself and it works great. Link to it is in the "Got securom get relief" thread Wink

None of these programs can wave the magic wand we've all been hoping for though, in making BV playable without it Sad

No requests please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: