Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:27:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen & Gender Preference Adoption Hack New EP3 Versions Available(7/02/06)  (Read 106791 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2006, 10:18:26 pm »

I have just confirmed the no adoption pool version of this mod is not working with the new patch for some reason, I am still trying to figure out why & will post a new version if I am able to get it working.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2006, 10:49:30 am »

:party1:  Inge's teleporter shrub with memories? Hurray!  :wav:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2006, 02:57:29 am »

I just posted a new EP2 Version that fixes the dialog text for people who's game language is not English US.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:02:18 am by Squinge » Logged

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2006, 12:23:13 am »

I just posted new EP3 versions compatible with the new EP3 & FFS patch, I also added a random option to the gender preference.

This update was tested & approved by Ozzucay (Thank You)

jersey_princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2006, 12:14:33 pm »

Quote from: jordi
Townies are typically generated at the rate of one per lot load, so it may take a long time before you have a full complement again.

As for the family issue, I'm out of ideas. If you could test with the shrub I'd appreciate it, but for now I'm not sure where to look. The family ID used in the painting and shrub is consistently and only used for downtownies in all cases I checked, so it ought not to be possible for them to end up in another family...

Thanks! I was wondering why they didn't visit me anymore.

I'm equally confused. That family only has three members and whenever I make a downtownie it goes up to as many as 10...very confusing.

I may try if I get around to it (aka enough time). ^^ Smiley

Cazzy
~ SLASHING COUGAR at the AA ~
x Please join us at the Animal Army x
syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2006, 02:29:30 am »

6/15/06 Fixed the adoption memory only one parent gets the adoption memory it will not work for both.

I hope you don't mind if I ask for further elaboration. I was informed that there is an issue where, if a married/joined couple adopts a child, only one sim gets the memory of adoption, presumably the one who does the calling.

Now the above seems like it addresses this problem... but I was told that testing done after the 15th has shown that the problem still persists. So... now I am confused as to what this is saying. Has the problem been fixed or not? :eh:

Can someone who has had experience with this clearly state:

1) What the exact problem is? I think it is that only one parent still gets the memory.

2) Whether this has actually been fixed or not? The above quote seems like it is saying that it was fixed... but now I'm confused. It also says at the end 'it will not work for both' - does this mean that it is impossible to fix? Or is this supposed to be stating what the problem was and that it is actually supposed to be fixed now.

I'm really confused right now. :brain:

Any help on clarifying the situation would be greatly appreciated. Smiley

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2006, 05:18:52 am »

It was fixed in a previous version of the teleporter shrub but then that created a new bug so I had to remove that fix.

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2006, 11:25:39 am »

Quote from: Squinge
It was fixed in a previous version of the teleporter shrub but then that created a new bug so I had to remove that fix.

Ahh... ok. So... just to be absolutely clear... with your hack, only one parent gets the memory for adoption?

But, without your hack, both parents, if they are married/joined, correctly get the memory of adoption? In other words, normal game behaviour has both parents would/should get the memory of adoption. But using your hack changes this... :Huh?:

Sorry if I'm just reiterating stuff I've asked before. I just want to be absolutely sure I understand this correctly. That it wasn't a bug in the game before. That it only happens with this hack. And that it can't be fixed, because as you say, when you tried, it caused some other bug.

Thanks again. Smiley

Ste

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2006, 11:45:10 am »

That's why I kept the "original" version that didn't do anything to memories. No memory of adoption with the shrub at all. Smiley

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2006, 07:28:17 pm »

Quote from: syberspunk
Ahh... ok. So... just to be absolutely clear... with your hack, only one parent gets the memory for adoption?
using the modified teleporter shrub to adopt only one parent gets the adoption memory, adopting with my mod both parents get the adoption memory Smiley
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:30:29 pm by Squinge » Logged

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2006, 08:42:07 am »

Ahhh. OK. whew! Someone really confused me then. Thank you for explaining that! It's the teleporter that has problems with memories, not the adoption hack. That's good, because I'm not using the teleporter anyways. So I guess I don't have to worry about that problem. Tongue

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about what I was asking in the first place. I was just all confused about what I was told and what I read here, so I figure I might as well come straight to the source before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks for the explanation! Cheers! :beer:

Ste

Sonshine

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2006, 02:29:43 pm »

Hi Squinge, does your Adopt a Teen hack work for adopting all ages and just allows adopting a teen also? Also do you have a NL version of your teleporter plus shrub w/memories and wants as well as the same day adoption and does your teleporter bush plus w/memories and wants work w/OFB? The last question is for my self and the previous questions are for my brother. He only has up to NL and I have OFB. Thanks!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2006, 04:20:20 pm »

Quote from: Sonshine
Hi Squinge,
The teen adoption hack works for all ages up to teen, the shrub works for all versions of the game, the same day adoption service is just for ep3 but I think I may have a ep2 version of it on my hard drive that I never posted I will look for it Smiley

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2006, 09:45:42 pm »

I just posted new EP3 versions of this mod you can now choose the skin color of your adopted sims when they aren't from the adoption pool.

cheery81

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2006, 11:17:17 pm »

Thanks for the upgrade and added feature!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: