Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:21:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! My sims are WHITE from the neck down...  (Read 1920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summer_wine

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:51:21 am »

They are all WHITE. they are wearing the clothes but their skin is paper white. there are no details on their skin. the faces are showing the right skintone but from the neck down it's just white.

what should i do? has this happened to anyone else before or am i special? i'm not feeling very special right now. please help...

thanks

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:09:28 pm »

corrupted skin files? Hmm, never happened to me before, but I have seen it, if you know what I mean.
Maybe download their skins again? I'm sorry I'm not much use Sad

Did you try the sims2wiki to see if it had anything on skin glitches?

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:17:55 pm »

They don't happen to have that white "numbered" texture on them, do they?  I have this happen a lot when my computer is low on memory resources during gameplay... then sometimes it's followed by the blue hourglass screen and the game refreshes its graphics.  If it doesn't do that, usually when I restart the computer and play the game, it goes back to normal.  :angel:

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:32:41 pm »

it doesn't have any numbers on them. it's just white. kinda like those meshes that have a white texture over them? what's weird is even if it's a maxis skintone it's like that. even if they're wearing maxis clothes, they're white from the neck down.

and the skintones are working well on their faces. like if the skintone has some designs on the face, they show up... ARGH... am getting really mad at my game...

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:28:14 pm »

like this?

I've been having this happen pretty frequently since installing Bon Voyage.
Not quite sure of the cause- but I've chalked it up to being a graphics card
issue.  Shortly after it happens, i get the blue screen/hour glass thingy-
when the game comes back, it's fine.  However once it starts,
it happens more and more frequently until the game eventually crashes.

I get it on objects as well- I've had butterflies turn into something that
looks like a folded piece of paper- imagine that flapping about in game.  :roll:
AND I've only noticed it happening with EAxis textures.

* texture_drop.jpg (40.75 KB, 500x474 - viewed 172 times.)

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:41:28 pm »

it's kinda like that but the clothes are normal. it's just the actual skintone of the sims that are white. but yeah it kinda looks like that... the game doesn't crash though.

i have taken out my downloads folder and re started everything is okay. so i just took out the files i recently downloaded and am checking what happens now.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 02:43:53 pm »

I've even had my sims go all "Terminator 3" on me at one point.  (The whole body, including the face, eyes and hair, turned into the original "grey mesh" state, kinda like those "liquid" terminators only weirder... quite freaky!  :smt119 And then right after that, the game died...) I'm thinking this is all because of the sheer amount of CC I have and the amount of available memory to keep the game going without exploding.  I really need to do a fresh start one of these days.  As soon as I get my external HD back in order and special downloads that are unavailable now packaged safely away.  :smile bi:  (Edit: In fact, I'm going to do it right now!  Fresh start, here I come!  :cheers:)

Since yours is just a simple CC issue, I'm glad at that.  It's a pain to see such glitches happen all the time.  :smile bi:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:48:37 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 03:44:25 am »

heh... am deleting all my downloads.. maybe keep the ones i can't live without like squinge's mod and insim but everything has to go. i realized i have tons of CC and i like only 25% of them. right.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: