Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:02:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update fails?  (Read 1390 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

Hiii... << I'm reinstalling all my games. But University keeps telling me that the update (you know "sims will now check to see if your version is up to date) failed, and then it uninstalls everything that it was supposed to be installing. In a word: wtf? In a phrase, how do I get this to stop, or override it, or fix it?

Help. Sad

Z

Edit: PS- Yes, I checked MTS2, and yes, the disc is clean, and no, I didn't patch, and yes, the game's worked before.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 09:15:22 pm by ZarinaDrac » Logged
kelseysgr8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 09:22:23 pm »

Mmm, are you, or are you not re-installing the base game? If you are not, then that might be your problem. I'm not as experienced as some people, so I think you should wait until more experienced people offer help instead of me. Hope what I offered helped a little! If you ARE re-installing the base game, then you may slap me on the head for being stupid! Wink

You don't stop laughing because you get old, you get old because you stop laughing!:notsmili:
Come join the Animal Army!!:animal: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=262
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:42:42 pm »

I won't slap you; you're trying to help. ^^ But yes, I'm reinstalling everything from the beginning. The only difference is that I'm installing to my external hardrive instead of my main hardrive. I've done this before and it's been a nonissue; I don't understand why it chose now to not work. Sad
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 10:48:04 pm »

I got it to work! For anyone who might see this, when installing the sims on an external hardrive, you have to change the target of My Documents to the drive of the external. Otherwise it won't work. I forgot. *hits head*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: