Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 06:40:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skin Problems  (Read 3345 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katheryne

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:45:03 pm »

Okay, guys, I need some serious help here!

I was playing the Sims the other day, playing a couple of sims I had created recently.  Both are using custom skins, and I no longer know which skin was used on either of them.

Anyways, one of the sims went to go take a shower.  When she got undressed, her entire body from the neck down disappeared!  I had this problem once before, a long time ago, and I tracked down and removed the bad skin, forcing the sim to take on Maxis-default skin, and all was well.  Now, however, I have entirely too many skintone files to be able to do this without spending an inordinate amount of time and pulling out all my hair.  To make matters worse, SimPE cannot open my neighborhood file, throwing no fewer than 450 errors before I gave up and force-closed SimPE.

So what I need to know is:  How can I identify exactly which skintone file is being used by a particular skin?  Also, is there any way (hack, mod, whatever) to replace a sim's skin in-game?

On a semi-related note, I have also noticed that, with very few exceptions, most of my sims have significant graphical defects, particularly in the chest area.  These usually only show up when a sim is undressed, but in many cases, they even show up through certain clothing.  These defects show up as weird-shaped "holes" in the sim that I can see right through.  Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks bunches in advance for any help you can give.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:38:34 pm »

If you are using a body shape for some of your sims, you will need linked skintones for them. This is so that the bodyshape doesnt dissapear when using bath or shower.

When you are in bodyshop, you can use the mouse and hover over the icons for the skins in your catalog. Before you enter CAS, you can enter the boolprop code in neighborhood and once your in CAS you can also see names, but most creators also make icons recognisable for skins. ChristianLov had a skintone changer, but they maynot be compatible for recent ep's, although some still use it with them risks. *think graveyard*

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:44:44 pm »

You seem to have the skintones, what you need are the meshes!  If the skintones are linked to Warlokk's meshes, you probably just need his giant Nude Mesh download.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »

As far as I know, the skintone in question uses the standard Maxis mesh, although it wouldn't surprise me if it were Warlokk-linked.  The skin displays just fine with "naked" clothing...

I really wish a VB version of SimPE would hurry up and come out.
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:08:47 pm »

Quote from: DecoraChroi;1060865
ChristianLov had a skintone changer, but they maynot be compatible for recent ep's, although some still use it with them risks. *think graveyard*

I have BV and it works fine for me!
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:33:43 pm »

Good to know!

I downloaded it and looked at the readme files.  It appears this program doesn't actually change the skintone - at least, not permanently.  Any kids this poor woman has will have the flawed genetics.  But, it might help me until a new SimPE comes out.  Seeing disembodied heads floating into and out of the shower is just twenty shades of creepy!
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:32:21 pm »

I did a lot of digging through my sim and all my skintones in SimPE and found the problem skintone.  I traced the skintone as originating on SXS2, and - sure enough - it was Warlokk-linked.  So, I downloaded the required meshes, and all is well.

I had been avoiding Warlokk (and other custom) meshes because they require special clothing, and it's hard enough keeping track of what I've got.  Trying to also keep track of what clothing works specifically with which body type would be an absolute nightmare.  I don't know how others manage it.

Anyways, thanks for the help, guys, and especially to Miros1 -- She nailed it perfectly!  I guess the only question I still have is why DDO didn't flag it as an orphan...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:35:02 pm by Katheryne » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:40:45 pm »

DDO doesn't flag a skintone as an orphan if at least one mesh (out of the ten used) is a Maxis mesh or is an installed custom mesh.  Since female toddlers and children and all males are Maxis meshes, no flag.

Yes, multiple sizes are a nightmare!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: