Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:05:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble installing base game  (Read 1314 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Neptune

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:08:00 am »

i'm a long time sims user and have just bought a new computer and now my base game won't install, it goes through disc 1 but when i insert disc 2 it won't proceed and refuses to respond.

any and all suggestions are welcome

also is there a site when i can maybe purchase the base game and download it directly from there onto my computer - i am willing to pay for it again
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:59 am »

Have you tried installing the game while the computer is in "Safe Mode"?  I had this happen on my laptop when trying to install OFB and Seasons for the first time, and I found that way to be very helpful in getting the installation to complete.  All you have to do is when your computer first starts up, hit F8 in time enough before it reaches the "Windows" loading screen, and use your arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode" option.  Then, once the computer finishes loading, go through the installation process like normal.  

Try to see if that'll make a difference.  :angel:

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 06:36:41 am »

In answer to the second part of your question-there is no legal way to buy the game online via download. You have to buy the actual physical game to install it. It is probably just a computer hang up that is causing the problem.

Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 12:05:20 am »

actually ea games sells digital copies on their website which you can purchase and download - that is what i have ended up doing thanks for the other suggestions though
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: