Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:20:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Townies Out Of BodyShop Sims  (Read 4105 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The Commodore

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:44:15 pm »

Is there a way I can make a townie from a sim I created in Body Shop?

CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 02:53:49 am »

As far as I know, the only way you can do so is by creating the sim in CAS, placing him/her in an existing household and using the Family Tree to 'townify' him/her. Click on the Family Tree, select the "Remove From Household" option, and from there you have the option of converting your sim into a townie, downtownie or NPC.

:blob6:
The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »

Quote from: CynaraBlade;1098581
As far as I know, the only way you can do so is by creating the sim in CAS, placing him/her in an existing household and using the Family Tree to 'townify' him/her. Click on the Family Tree, select the "Remove From Household" option, and from there you have the option of converting your sim into a townie, downtownie or NPC.

Hmm, okay, that seems fairly simple, just means I have to make the sim in CAS instead of Bodyshop. I'm assuming the family tree is an aspect of Insimenator.

howardlpeters

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 03:27:55 pm »

Very easy using SimPe!  Create as many sims as you want in a family and let that "family" sit in the holding bin.  Now, close the game and open SimPe.  Go to Neighborhoods, load your 'hood.  After a few minutes, go back to Neighborhoods and select SimSurgery.  The first box will be the townie you want to replace (Remington Harris, gardner).  The second box will be one of the sims you created in your "family".  Click on use skintone only and proceed.  This will make Mr. Harris look like your new sim in a very quick fashion.  Don't forget to click the commit button and you're done.  Good luck.

If you don't have this program, it is a free download.

"Those late for dinner will not be served a fruit cup."

I'm Baaaaack!
The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 04:02:14 pm »

Quote from: howardlpeters;1099096
Very easy using SimPe!  Create as many sims as you want in a family and let that "family" sit in the holding bin.  Now, close the game and open SimPe.  Go to Neighborhoods, load your 'hood.  After a few minutes, go back to Neighborhoods and select SimSurgery.  The first box will be the townie you want to replace (Remington Harris, gardner).  The second box will be one of the sims you created in your "family".  Click on use skintone only and proceed.  This will make Mr. Harris look like your new sim in a very quick fashion.  Don't forget to click the commit button and you're done.  Good luck.

If you don't have this program, it is a free download.

I've got SimPE :3. When you say holding bin, where does that mean? Are you making those Sims in CAS?

And I was kind of looking for a way to make my own brand new Townies with their own names, etc. But if there's no way to do that, then I suppose I simply can't! Shocked

CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:01:51 am »

Whoa, that never occurred to me! I'll be sure to try that out sometime...thanks Howard!

:blob6:
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 10:08:19 am »

What CynaraBlade explained give you the opportunity to name them. And you can make those sims in bodyshop, you just have to put them ingame before you can actually townify them. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Verisyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 10:18:11 am »

If you make the sim in bodyshop, then you simply go into CAS and click on the sim bin when you have the right age and gender selected, and you can instantly pick the sim you made in bodyshop. All you do then is just select their things like other clothing styles, personality, and aspiration.

When you make them they'll be in the family bin. From there you can do either one of the previous ways mentioned by Cynara or Howard.

Good luck and happy simming. :]
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 10:26:06 am »

One more question not to ask! thanks:D

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 01:08:05 pm »

I do this all the time, especially in University.  I make my sims in CAS or bodyshop and plop them into a lot long enough to use Inge Jones transporter plus picture @ http://simlogical.com/.  It has the option to make a sim a townie.

No need to go out the game and I can continue playing, seeing them on a community lot or walking down the street. Cheesy

Since Inge's one of the people who works on SimPE, I trust her hacks and modifications. Smiley

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: