Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:57:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missimg Maxis Objects (Not corrupted, just gone)  (Read 1318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PageCaek

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:33:26 pm »

ETA: The topic title should be "missing", I haven't quite figured out how to alter topic titles.

I recently installed The Sims 2 and all the expansions on a new computer, but I've noticed that the female tuxedo from Glamour Life Stuff is missing. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything else as this object stands out and I noticed the lack of it right away.

All the rest of my GLS clothes are there (As far as I can tell), and I've already tried replacing the objects.package with the one from my disk.

So a few questions:

1) Is there anything else I can do about it?

2) If reinstalling GLS is my only option, will it affect my files if I uninstall then reinstall it without opening the game in between?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:34:52 pm by PageCaek » Logged
howardlpeters

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:33:26 pm »

A very common problem/cause:

On occasion, someone will clone an object and do a recolor and not rename the original object.  This will, in effect, overwrite the original with the new clone.  The original will no longer show in your game.  Check your downloads folder and try to find a recolor of that dress and remove it.  That should leave the original intact.

Any time you uninstall a game to do a reinstall, you will loose everything.  Just copy the MyDocuments/EA/Sims2 folder to a new location (desktop) and put it back after the reinstall.

"Those late for dinner will not be served a fruit cup."

I'm Baaaaack!
PageCaek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:20:46 pm »

I've not got much CC except hair and skin, so I don't think it's that. If there's no other solution I'll reinstall after copying as you suggested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: