Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:32:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need de-compressed! *not fixed, but Problem Solved*  (Read 3709 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:19:09 pm »

Ok, so...I tried the Wardrobe Wrangler, which compresses the files you 'fix' with it.  I went in game, and I cannot load CAS.  I took out the files, and viola.  But...I need those files, I don't need 'em compressed.  Apparently my computer is one in a hundred that hates compressorized files.  Is there a way to de-compress?  Or am I really doomed to try and find all of the files again?
:mumum:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:02:47 pm by brendabond » Logged
Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:26:50 pm »

I think you pretty much have to re-download the stuff Sad
I'm having a somewhat similar issue, but I think it's with the Wardrobe Wrangler. Many of my packages have exploded and crash BodyShop. I'm not 100% sure that it's the WW as I've had a Trojan visit. It's peculiar though that it's only happening with TSR stuff XD

Have you tried to talk to jsfade at his forum?...

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:52:47 am »

I've been testing out WW too, and have discovered the same thing - that editing files downloaded from TSR just does not work, whether you allow the program to compress them or not. They crash my BS, so I haven't even tried them in CAS. Anything else seems to be fine though, so far.

I'm guessing that maybe TSR already applies some sort of compression, or other doodah (good technical term that!), that WW just can't cope with, as stuff from exactly the same creators but not obtained from TSR is fine.

Sorry to hear, Bren, that you've lost loads of stuff (hello again, by the way!)! Sad

Thanks to Pidgey for my avatar.
Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:23:08 am »

Quote from: Bagfran;1099817
... stuff from exactly the same creators but not obtained from TSR is fine.

*Nods* Another thing the Booty is good for.

I've just found this lil' sentence by jsfade:
Anything already compressed just gets decompressed and then recompressed back to the same size.

So there IS a way to decompress the stuff. I'm sure you'll only have to ask him...

oph3lia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:38:11 am »

WW has broken stuff in my bodyshop too... grr its fine with hairs though... maybe its the TSR issue. All very weird.

[insert interesting and witty signature here]

My MTS2 profile
Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:07:41 am »

Quote from: debbycus;1099833
I've just found this lil' sentence by jsfade:
So there IS a way to decompress the stuff. I'm sure you'll only have to ask him...

Hmm, perhaps opening the file (to decompress it), then saving it again with the compression option switched off might do the trick? I may try that out, if I get the chance.

I haven't actually tried hair, as I'm more than happy with the SimPE plug-in for that, which seems to work really well.

Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:42:51 am »

I've done a little research thing and I have to say... that I can't say anything. -.-' The only common thing with these files are that they are from TSR, and they have not been manipulated my Pescado. Does anyone who what program he's using for the files? I've tried one which changes the date and stuff, but it's not working magic...

Btw, Bagfran, the link in your sig is not working Sad

Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:17:13 pm »

Quote from: Bagfran;1099817
(hello again, by the way!)! Sad

Fran, Hi!! Nice to see you!

I went and took out all the files I 'messed' with...and they WERE NOT all TSR, I screwed with the genetic level of some of my skins, too.  I had to take out EVERYTHING.  I'm gonna comb through, and make a note of the stuff I LOVE and can't live without, and I'm just gonna re-download.
Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 02:29:29 pm »

Sorry, debbycus, I'm afraid the site has closed down Sad - thanks for pointing that out, I've changed my sig.

Bren, good luck with re-downloading stuff - what a nuisance!

Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 03:09:23 pm »

Brenda - Somehow I knew I can't trust WW with geneticizing skin tones. I'll stick to SimPE with that.

I've just found a link which might be interesting. But I had to go 'fu********ck' because of it Sad
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10687.0.html

The essential things are at the end of Page1 and on P2.
WHY do that, TSR??... :-(

Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 03:18:05 pm »

Thanks, debbycus - so I was sort-of right about TSR manipulating files in such a way that WW can't handle them - and if it is some form of spyware, then that's really sneaky and I'm rather miffed about it!

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 03:47:24 am »

I had the same thing happen with Rose's donation files. So I had to remove all her pay files and reinstall them from the original zips when I installed BV. She has something similar in place like TSR to try and track down the people supplying the booty. I don't have any TSR files in my game that I know of, so couldn't test them on that. Thank goodness I did a donate for all, so she sent me all the files at once and I just moved them over to the external. Her's where the only thing I had to remove and replace with the original sized files.

PS What they fail to realize like EA is they're only hurting the paying customers. The one's going to take the stuff for free have already figured it out and fixed it so it works for them. That's why I won't get anything else from Rose, and I'll never subscribe to TSR.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:51:54 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 06:58:29 am »

Oh, of course, it's the TSR 'tracking' stuff - thanks PegasusDiana!

Still, I'm a bit hacked off, as I am one of the 'paying customers' of TSR and I feel resentful that they don't make it clear that they have modified the files in this way - or maybe they do, and I've just missed it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: