Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:49:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 reinstallation  (Read 1612 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BunniesRPritty

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:45:32 am »

So the skinny is this. I took my laptop computer to geek squad at best buy and they loving decided to replace my hard drive. Luckily i followed a tutorial on how to back up my sims 2 files, in which i followed religiously , and placed them on my roommates laptop. I tried to run the game on her system and it said i was missing components of the game. I had the base game and all expansion packs installed on my laptop and I just transferred both my sims 2 folder in my documents folder, and the program files folder to her computer. I am wondering if i must simply reinstall the original sims 2 base game on my computer or do i have to go through the long and painful process of purchasing them all over again. If anyone could so the this weary soul that would be wonderful. My laptop is an evil technology.

If I'm hard to understand, I'm sorry, I type how i talk.
Its like a rabid monkey on speed.And I tend to ramble too...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:54:04 am »

You shouldn't have to purchase the games again.  Just reinstall the base game and any EPs/SPs you want.
BunniesRPritty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:47:32 am »

If i reinstall the base game and then move all of the files back over to my computer, will they all work?Like i said, i backed up both my my documents sims folders and the program files folder. Does it have something to do with windows regestry in which i have to physically have the cds? Cause i no longer have any of them.

If I'm hard to understand, I'm sorry, I type how i talk.
Its like a rabid monkey on speed.And I tend to ramble too...
lucia.v7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:21:15 pm »

Hello!,as ascienthighway said you must reinstall the sims 2 base game first and then all your expansion pack again.When you finish all reinstallation process you just replace the recent installed sims 2 folder for your saved sims 2 folder but not the whole folder,each subfolder(For example:you replace your saved neighborhoods,then downloads,movies,...).You don't need to move the saved program file folder because if you reinstall the game you get this folder again and it's same.But it's very important your saved sims2 folder because here is all your progress in the game:downloads,neighborhoods,etc.So I did  in my computer and it was well.I hope you can understand my explication and it help you.Any doubt you tell me.
Greetings and good luck!!:thumbrig:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:39:40 pm by lucia.v7 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: