Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:15:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with corruption of downloads...  (Read 1346 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rafaelluik

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2008, 09:25:54 pm »

I have defraggled my hd with a beta defraggler and the sims 2 stop works (have errors)...
I re-install, the error continues.
I removed my downloads, the game works again!!!

The problem is... What are the download with corruption?
Are more than one?
My downloads folder have 2,15GB! I can't download everything again!!!
I not remember where are all the files to download...

Can someone help me somewhere?
Some program can tell me the corrupted download?

I have all the expansions and packs...
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:32:26 pm »

There is no magic tool that will tell you which file is corrupted or not compatible with your game unfortunately.

But there are tools that can help you isolate them.  First the Hack detection tool which will show if any of your mods are conflicting with one another.  Can be found at the simwardrobe site.

Second, the clean installer can help you see if you have duplicates files or unknown files which can cause problems.  Can be found at mts2.

Third, Delphy downloads organizer find at MTS2 can help you sort your downloads, can also scan for duplicates and/or orphans.

Whenever a new ep is out, many mods needs updating.  You will have to check on the sites were you got your stuff and check if they were updated or still work with the latest ep stuff pack you have install.  Some objects also can need updates sometimes.

The long way is to cut your download folder in two and see if with only 1/2 half the game is behaving normally or not. Keep doing that until you find the files messing things up.

If you install houses that your got at the sims 2 exchange site, you probably ended up with more stuff then you wanted.  Always use the clean installer to see what files are coming with a sims2.package file.

it is not a bad idea to delete your groups.cache file once in awhile, it can solve many issues too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:41:18 pm by MissDoh » Logged
rafaelluik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:25:10 am »

I found the corrupted downloads, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:54:09 pm by rafaelluik » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: