Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:43:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture File Names?  (Read 1081 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
glorified_g

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:17 am »

My apologies if there's been a thread like this before. I've looked and didn't see one.

When I play Sims, I love taking pictures and then posting them to share. The only problem is though that organizing the pictures in the order I took them takes forever! In the actual game itself, if I were to go into story mode, all of the pictures I have taken are in the order I took them in, but as soon as I quit the game and go into the neighborhood folder, it's a free for all in terms of the picture order. They're all ordered alphabetically in terms of these crazy file names: snapshot_749c0969_b49c0f1f for example.

What I do is upload them all to Photobucket, view them all and organize them that way when posting...but there has GOT to be an easier way to do it, right?

What I'm wondering is if there is any hack/download/whatever that allows you to name the file your photo is saved to. Even if I can just call them 01, 02, 03, etc., it'd be a lot better than going through a dozen 'snapshot_random numbers and letters combo' files.

Thanks!

I make outfits for my musician Sims! Check them out! Smiley
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:47:12 am »

Well what I do is use a different program than what the game supplies for taking pictures. I use FRAPS, and with it I include a date/time stamp in the filename so that it is always in the order they pics were taken. There are other screencapture programs out there too..

If you don't want to mess with another program, you could try organizing the pictures in the folder by date, which should kinda put them in order (and then you can copy and rename then sequentially)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: