Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:40:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just wondering if a House lot can be changed  (Read 2467 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:01:11 pm »

Ok, here's my dilemma: I would like to start Pleasantview's first community cemetery, using the graves on the Goth house lot (it's getting crowded in there)-by tearing down the house, (empty, of course, of sims), save it in the lots bin, and then reload it as community lot.
Is this possible? Any answer would be nice-I'd like to have a haunted cemetery, with a picnic area...visit your relatives and have a chat with them!
I have only the base game, btw.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:05 pm »

There's no need to move the lot to the lot bin.  Just enter the cheat 'changeLotZoning community' while in the lot.  Exit the lot and go back in to actually get the change.  Delete the mailbox and trashcan (moveobjects on if you need to) then get the community trashcan and public phone from the Buy Mode, Comminuty Sort, Outdoors.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13:37 pm »

Humm I don't think the "changelotzoning" cheat existed in the base game only.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20:54 pm »

My bad, you are right MissDoh.  It was introduced with University.  With that being the case, I don't believe there's a way to do this.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:14:32 pm »

I doubt it too, Uni brought the changelotzoning cheat.

Nightlife brought the possibility to move tombstone on community lot.

Since you only have the basic game, I don't think there is any way to achieve what you want.  Sorry.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 09:31:26 pm »

Well, it was a thought...Guess it will have to wait until I get another expansion pack...if I do. I've heard so much about the problems all the expansions have given the game, I'm extremely leery of getting one-besides, the game is working perfectly and I'd hate to lose any of the CC I've put in-all that time and work blown to pieces with any expansion would get me very mad.
Pretty sad when a game can't be enjoyed without being concerned about the effects of additional stuff in it, especially since it was designed to be added on to by the games' creators!
I do have an inkling of an idea of how to work around the limitation of the game..I'll report back to let you know if it works, with another mod I have.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:46:31 pm »

I believe you may have heard wrong on a couple points.  

** CC other than mods or hacks will appear just as you have them now with all expansions installed.  Some mods may require updating to work with the new EP.  Some mods will work fine without the updates.

** If you back up My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 before installing any EP, then find out you don't like the EP, you can uninstall it and put your back up back in.  Neighborhoods, houses, and sims are all where you had them.

** Each install will upgrade the neighborhood, lots, and sims as needed to work properly with that EP.  What you have before the EP, you will still have after installing it.

The only problems I've had after installing any EP is when I decided not to remove the mods I've got first.  However after figuring out which mods are ok and which are not, everything has gone smoothly.  I've never lost a neighborhood, lot, or sim when installing an EP.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 08:15:56 pm »

Well, I do have a mod that I thought would change the graves assignment, but it doesn't; so I'm very seriously thinking of getting at least Uni and possibly Nightlife to flesh out the game-most downloads now require at least those two, to even install some houses or sims.
I don't really want to screw up my game, so I will very carefully remove any and all CC that I think might be borked when (and if) I get another expansion.
The biggest problem I've had in even considering this is the fiasco unleashed by Eaxis with the Securom thing-I do not want to lose my DVD player, or any other computer part because EA has gotten paranoid about copyright theft (which I will admit is a problem) to the point of making their games almost unplayable in some instances. I don't know if they changed the security after the first three (from what I know, they did), but why take the chance?
After hearing all the horror stories about this issue, is it any wonder that I've been a little loath to get any more expansions?  
EAxis has itself to blame for losing so many customers by doing such a stupid stunt-word of mouth will kill a product faster than you can throw it. BV has probably lost a few hundred thousand fans because of the issue, with thousands more just dumping the latest one in the garbage can.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 12:11:12 am »

Those securom issues are well exagerated if you ask me.  I have the BV ep and I am not experiencing any securom issues.  I mostly blame issues on no cd crack and the person in front of the computer.  Do not believe everything you read on the official sites, many have no computer knowledge at all.

If you are truly concerned, Seasons and below DID NOT came with Securom so you should not even worry about that.   Unleashed was a Sims 1 ep and the pet ep did not came with Securome so I am not quite sure what you are referring too.  Pet ep did have some issues but they were fix with patches.  Just make sure to install the patches.

Simply make sure the cc stuff you have are compatible with the newest ep you will install.  Some objects did need updates too since new menu options appeared on them with time.  For example, dresser, fridge, tv, phones....
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:50:17 am »

I meant "unleashed" as the verb-like "a dog unleashed can do great harm".
Otherwise I will do as you suggest-if I do get the next two expansion packs..gotta make sure that I have enough memory and space in the old box..I'm great for downloading all kinds of stuff!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: