Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:38:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Superhero Costumes for the HBB  (Read 6308 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
browarod

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:19:34 pm »

First of all, let me state right now that this is my first post of anything on this website (besides in the introduction forum, but that doesn't really count :tongue3: ). So, in light of that, I may have done something wrong. If that is so, please let me know.

Alright, so here are my items. The clothing are recolors of marvine's Laundry Accident Briefs, and you will need the mesh from here in order for them to work in your game. The recolors themselves are some pretty basic recolors that I did in Paint. I was bummed that there weren't any really good shirtless costumes for the HBB (that I had found) so I wanted to make some. There are 10 recolors in total, 5 Hero and 5 Evil. The white and black ones are kind of the leaders of each respective group, with the red, blue, green, and orange ones being the underlings. The clothes are default set to appear under Everyday, Formal, Workout, and Outdoor, so you need Seasons in order to use them, I think. I will try to make some that don't need Seasons, but I'm not sure how to do that, so I don't know how well it will work.

Also included in this post are recolors of marvine's Small Horns mesh, which you will need the mesh from here in order to work (make sure you get the Small Horns mesh for either Seasons if you have it or for other games). I used the horns with the Evil clothing to make them look more evil and to distinguish them from the Heroes other than just having slightly different clothing color. There is a different color horn set for each color of Evil clothing.

With the Horn recolors, are some recolors of the Maxis Red Eye Mask (which you don't need a special mesh for :toothy5: ). There is one recolor for each clothing recolor (so 10 masks altogether). The horns and masks are optional and not required if you just want the clothing.

I've included close-up pics of the masks and horns so you can get a better look at them. The Purple Mask has a separate picture because it has a little more detail on it than the other Evil masks.

In conclusion, thanks for this should go first to marvine and beosboxboy for making their wonderful HBB stuff that I like so much, and me second for the recolors.

Feel free to recolor my recolors if you want and upload them, but please don't upload them to any pay sites or the exchange.

P.S. Let me know if I forgot something, or if something doesn't work and I will fix it.

* Hero Clothes.rar (1174.56 KB - downloaded 365 times.)
* Evil Clothes.rar (1173.33 KB - downloaded 366 times.)
* Mask Recolors.rar (108.86 KB - downloaded 313 times.)
* Horn Recolors.rar (16.64 KB - downloaded 273 times.)

* HeroClothes.jpg (517.25 KB, 1001x600 - viewed 2030 times.)

* EvilClothes.jpg (515.14 KB, 1010x600 - viewed 1939 times.)

* Masks.jpg (248.88 KB, 689x431 - viewed 1707 times.)
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 03:34:39 pm »

Hey Brodarod, thank you for the nice words and congratulations for your first upload! :beer:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:19:38 pm »

Always is a pleasure to see new creators!  Thanks for being brave enough to make that all important first post!  MS Paint is a bugger to use, but great things can be done with it.  You did great work with the alphas, and that's always a difficult part to understand for beginners.  I am looking forward to seeing where your talent takes you!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
browarod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:11:26 pm »

thanks so much! i hope i can make even better things in the future.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:27 pm »

Paint can still do some pretty neat things, but I'd prefer GIMP.  Even I made some content with MSPaint.  Great job- it looks great on the HBB.  For real. Smiley

Sigs are for smokers.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:14:31 am »

Nice Job

SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »

This is a great start.  I actually still use MSPaint a lot.  I've moved on to Gimp for recoloring, but most of the little details are done in Paint.  It gets a bad rep in my opinion.

Keep working at it, and you'll be amazed at how far you've come.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
aborym

Black Metal War Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:32 am »

thanks

The Deathship Has A New   Captain:evil5:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: