Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:13:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There's something weird and it don't look good  (Read 4307 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baddboy

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2008, 07:04:05 am »

Help! One of my lots is possessed! It's creepy and it's kooky and it's driving me nuts.

Martin Pleasant, his wife Danielle Pleasant and the maid were killed in a fire which started while Martin attempted to fix the stereo. Their two teenage sons, Seth and Angelo, survived. Seth immediately smashed the urnstones. The lot was saved and exited.

The next time I opened and played the Pleasant house strange and freaky things began happening:
1) My sims don't walk to the fridge or walk to the kitchen to make the food. Instead they stay in one spot and make the food by remote control;
2) My sims don't walk up and down the staircase - they walk in midair;
3) any visitors to the lot jump to the front door or front yard when leaving;
4) when I told Angelo to sleep in his underwear he changed and went rigid in the living room in front of the TV and floated or jumped to the bed.

The attached thumbnails are actual screenshots of the problems that I've had.

Has any one had this problem and if so can it be fixed? Or do I have to uninstall and re-install the game again?

I have the Sims 2 Holiday edition, Uni, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons and Bon Voyage. I also have the Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff Pack installed.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:57:59 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
afosdifoa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:37:58 am »

Have you tried Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Tool?

I TS2. Period.
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:04:42 am »

Yes. I've just run it and the only conflicts its detected are with the InTeenimator and the two InTeenimator flavour packs - No Age of Consent and Silent Pregnancy.

I've also installed the ACR and a few of Squinge's mods such as Throw Bottle Away, Move Away from Fridge.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:51:21 pm by baddboy » Logged

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
gali

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 01:02:44 pm »

Wow! You have a lot of hacks to delete. Squinge's mods are not compatible at all with BV. The ACR has a new update, compatible with BV.
I think that Inteen compatible with BV has been issued. I don't know about the No Age and Silent Pregnancy, but they look suspicious.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 02:50:38 pm »

I can't imagine that you should have a hack conflict since you have been playing successfully for a while but...I have a thread that links to most hacks. You might check it out to see if you are harboring any interloping hacks not compatible with BV.

http://www.insimenator.org/showpost.php?p=67263&postcount=1

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:44:41 pm »

I have made sure that the InTeenimator and the ACR are the Bon Voyage compatible versions.

The other hacks I've installed are:
alexx_autogesture_vacationonly
alexx_LTW_XP_reduced_var
antibabylecture.package
antifoodnap.package
antiredundancy.package
BabyMemoryFix.package
BubbleBathFun.package
chessfix.package
coffeecuphack.package
comm-skilling.package
commstereofix.package
CtfG_EP5_HarvestFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_RakeFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_ShowAllCompostBins.package
CtfG_EP5_TalkToPlantsFaster.package
dailygardener.package
Dance Sphere In Use Fix.package
dontwaveatme.package
fitness4all.package
gctowniefix.package
homework-in-bedroom1c.package
individual_freewill_final.package
localwalkby.package
marriage-postmortum.package
marriage-traditional.package
ME_MindControlMirror.package
morefillingmuffins.package
MoveAwayFromFridge.package
MoveAwayFromKaraokeMachine.package
moveawayfromstall.package
NeverRefuseSkillObjects.package
No Dancing in Silence.package
No Pet Obsession.package
no_teen_jobs_for_elders.package
nodroptiredbaby.package
NoDuplicateMemoriesEP3.package
noghostelevatorlag.package
NoMysterySimMemories.package
TownieNoMemoryLoss.package
WriteNovelsFaster.package

Sorry about the long list. I don't know which ones are not compatible with BV.

It's also the second time I've been having the problem with the Sims changing in the one spot and then levitating to the bed.  The first time Angela, Daniel, Mary-Sue Pleasant and the maid were burnt by a fire stated by a TV dinner left too long in the oven. Lilith had come back from running away and she smashed the urnstones. She had one of those "It's too messy, clean this place up!" moments and swept up the ashes and the urnstones and put them into the trashcan. (I saved the lot and exited at this point. When I restarted the lot the urnstones were once again intact, so I moved them to the garden. I think I also had the above mods installed at the time.)

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 03:13:06 pm »

Wow! You do suffer from hackamania!!!!!!! So many of the hacks you listed are completely unknown to me. Do you remember where you downloaded them from? You should go back and check to see if their crerators have updated them to BV compatibility.

These are the hacks we share in common:

antiredundancy.package If you have the BV1 patch this hack is unnecessary. That seems to be the only thing fixed by that patch. This hack is no longer in my game

coffeecuphack.package should be compatible with BV

comm-skilling.package should be compatible with BV

dailygardener.package Dr. Pescado updated this hack for BV. Make sure you have the update.

ME_MindControlMirror.package compatible with BV.

WriteNovelsFaster.package should be compatible with BV

You really need to check the link I gave you to the EP Hack Thread for Squinge's work. There is a whole section devoted to his hacks.

As far as the other hacks in your game go, if you are unaware of their current compatibility with BV you should just delete them from your game. Mark Twain is quoted about adjectives: "When in doubt, strike it out." I think the same applies to hacks!!!!!

Considering how many hacks you have, you might consider removing all of them to see if your problem is fixed. If so then just add back each till you find the evil culprit (that's if you believe you can't live without any of them...I have felt the same in the past but Sim Life always goes on even after editing hacks out of the game).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:21:36 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 03:36:50 am »

Thanks for the links. They've helped me to weed out the mods that are no longer compatible with BV and the problems with the crazy animations have gone.

But in my attempts to reproduce the problems I've come across another two problems with the ghosts and tombstones:

1) At one point the ghost of Danielle kept going into and out of the lamp on the table. The next time I loaded the lot the lamp had somehow merged with the table, and the tabletop appeared to be empty. When I went into Buy Mode and attempted to delete the table the "You cannot delete this object with something in it or on it" message popped up.

2) I shifted all the urnstones from the kitchen into the backyard of the Pleasant house. Only the ghost of Martin Pleasant was haunting the lot and somehow the tombstone of Danielle Pleasant had vanished.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:49:50 pm »

For the first problem, the game won't let you delete the table because it still recognizes the lamp as occupying space on it, even though you can't see it. Just open your cheatbox and type "moveobjects on true" (without the quotes Wink), and you'll be able to delete the table in buy mode.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
suziesim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:48 pm »

ohh - to get rid of the lamp & table combo, you should also be able to use the sledge hammer tool.  I love that thing!  Cheesy

"All human activity lies within the artist's scope.
 ... maybe not yours."
a knight's tale
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 06:19:19 pm »

You should get the Simsky Multilarm,it covers all the fire sources and even the burglar thing.
But I would love my sims to cook by remote control,lol,and I would love to be able to do it myself,lol.

http://simsky.parsimonious.org/ts2obj/Simsky-TS2-MultiAlarm.zip

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
saladoor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 09:33:52 am »

Baddboy
Are you able to post the babymemoryfix somewhere, i've been looking for it for such a long time!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: